Carry two driver one for fade and one for draw?

Chris132

Visit site
I've lowered the loft of my driver down to the neutral 9.5 degree setting a month ago and it now provides a nice fade. Previously it was set at 11.5 degrees which closes the face and I could hit it pretty straight on most shots, but it did go quite high and there was definitely a loss of distance compared to the 9.5 setting. I'm also thinking of removing the 3 wood as I barely use it, and get much better and more consistent results with my 5 wood. The course I play on does lend to a few draw holes, a couple over trees and a couple to avoid OOB (I normally use my 5 wood to avoid the fade of the driver being a risk).

My questions are:

Would a draw bias driver provide me the draw I desire for a second driver or is it a load of b******t?

Should I get a lower lofted driver, increase the loft to 9.5 and get the distance I want in a straight line?

Smiffy

Grand Slam Winner
Visit site
My questions are:

1) Would a draw bias driver provide me the draw I desire for a second driver or is it a load of b******t?

2) Should I get a lower lofted driver, increase the loft to 9.5 and get the distance I want in a straight line?

Answers:

1) Depends what swing you put on it.

2) If you're good enough to do that, you should be able to shape it as well.

Chris132

Visit site
Also use mid size grips on my blades and hit them fine, driver has a standard but looks like it's got a few layers of tape underneath by the bulge. Not sure how much of an effect that'll make.

bobmac

Major Champion
Visit site
If you can produce a fade at will consistently, why try and hit a draw?
Golfers who prefer a fade include
Ben Hogan
Jack Nicklaus
Tiger Woods
Rory Mcllroy
Colin Montgomerie
Thicker grips reduce the amount of rotation of the grip which would deliver the clubface slightly more open at impact

clubchamp98

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
My mate dropped his 3 wood for two putters.
His putter had a very soft insert and was poor on long putts.
So put a scotty in with no insert for the longer putts.
We have lots of wedges for different shots.
But having two drivers seems a good idea in theory but the swing is very different for draw then fade.
So if you can do it yes but would put pressure on you off the tee to go against your natural shape.
The three wood is the one most players go to to draw the ball ,so maybe work on that first.

jim8flog

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
If you are looking for bias one way or the other and are contemplating a new driver get one with adjustable weights.

You can also get drivers where the loft adjustment does not affect the face angle eg Titleist and Callaway.

Personally I would always buy a club with the loft that suits me best.

I am with MIB want to draw close the clubface in the grip want to fade open the club face in the grip. The biggest problem I see with playeres trying this is that they grip the club then turn the face open or closed, it is important to change the face angle before gripping it and having round not ridged grips on the club.

williamalex1

Money List Winner
Visit site
I've lowered the loft of my driver down to the neutral 9.5 degree setting a month ago and it now provides a nice fade. Previously it was set at 11.5 degrees which closes the face and I could hit it pretty straight on most shots, but it did go quite high and there was definitely a loss of distance compared to the 9.5 setting. I'm also thinking of removing the 3 wood as I barely use it, and get much better and more consistent results with my 5 wood. The course I play on does lend to a few draw holes, a couple over trees and a couple to avoid OOB (I normally use my 5 wood to avoid the fade of the driver being a risk).

My questions are:

Would a draw bias driver provide me the draw I desire for a second driver or is it a load of b******t?

Should I get a lower lofted driver, increase the loft to 9.5 and get the distance I want in a straight line?
Tee higher for a hook or lower for a slice.

D

Deleted member 3432

I would add a tip given to me by a pro

If you want to draw hit a smooth shot.
If you want hit a fade lash at it.
I can't hit a fade to save my life, the good old fashioned lash at it just produces a snapper for me.

rulefan

Tour Winner
Visit site
If you want to impress others when your slice produces a v good but unintentional outcome, tell them you just played a technically difficult reverse draw.
And when your hook produces a v good but unintentional outcome, tell them you just played a technically difficult reverse fade.

Smiffy

Grand Slam Winner
Visit site
If you want to impress others when your slice produces a v good but unintentional outcome, tell them you just played a technically difficult reverse draw.
And when your hook produces a v good but unintentional outcome, tell them you just played a technically difficult reverse fade.

You could always just tell them that you're bloody useless..... that would be quicker.
:cry::cry::cry: