Downswing lag!

Morecambe hacker

Medal Winner
Visit site
Hi all newbie here
I'm new to golf about a year but took 6 month off due to work etc and ive been taking lessons every now and again but I'm struggling with an out-to-in swing. Just wondering if I can create more lag in my downswing will it help me come more from the inside to help me swing from in-to-out???? I'm a complete novice so if this makes no sense I appologise in advance. Im currently trying the 45degree drill which is helping slightly but I've noticed I'm not getting much lag and it is making think will it help my swing?
Any help will be very much appreciated.

CMAC

Blackballed
Banned
Visit site
welcome 'Eric'

theres loads of excellent drills on youtube, also Mark Crossfield did one recently which was very good, search 4golfonline or Mark Crossfield on youtube and choose from loads of good instruction.

hovis

Tour Winner
Visit site
from my experiance none of the drills you see will work. the fault lies within a major part of your swing, ie your set up, stance or for me it was my hip movement (or lack of it). if your backswing is good and you use the hips correctly it's very difficult to produce a out to in swing. a good pro will sort it out in no time.

timchump

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
hi

i wouldn't worry about down swing lag if your new to the game, thats pro stuff
working to get a more in to out swing is a good move,
check your alignment shoulders and feet, your grip should be relatively strong, showing 2-3 knuckles on the left hand when looking down on it
from there you you be able to hit more from the inside, it will probably feel like your going to hit it way right the first few times, but the strong grip will help square the club face at impact

Last edited:

SocketRocket

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
For the out-to-in swing. Go to the range, put a long rubber tee into the matt, place a ball an inch inside the rubber tee, hit the ball without hitting the tee. Repeat many times.