Does your golf bag need a clear out?

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
I keep my bag pretty streamlined to be honest. I got a new bag back in September, which is a hybrid one, so fractionally less pocket space than my old trolley bag maybe, so I took more care about not overfilling it. And with no golf in November or this year I've not had loads of time to accumulate more stuff in there. I only have a couple of different gloves for different purposes (regular glove, rain glove, one older regular glove for in between, and a pair of Wintersofs). I don't carry too many golf balls, I just make sure I have about 6 in there. Handful of tees. Rain coat and other standard stuff.

Mandofred

Visit site
I bought a new carry bag not that long before this lockdown.....boy, that sure got a lot of use this year. My trolley bag was only a month or two old as well since my last one was destroying my shafts. But....I am one of those people....when using my trolley bag, I will have at least 8 gloves (both hands)...I forced myself to put my tees/markers etc in a small plastic tupperware type container to keep them from taking over the world. Trolley bag always has more clothes than I need.

sunshine

Visit site
I'll have to swap to top flites before venturing out on the course. After 3 months without swinging a club I'm not losing a load of pro V1's :LOL:

HeftyHacker

Visit site
Got a new bag over lockdown so I've only put in what I need.

Was expecting to find a couple of rogue Mars bars in the pockets of the cart bag during the handover but they've mysteriously disappeared since I casually mentioned to my missus that if she's ever in need of chocolate there's usually a bar or two in my golf bag.

Currently hiding a new pair of Air Max 1Gs in the bag as well since we're trying to have a clamp down on spending prior to house renovations in April.

D

Deleted member 1147

I emptied my trolley bag before winter, when I changed over to my carry bag.
Although my carry bag hasn’t left my boot since my last game in December.

clubchamp98

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
If I ever go somewhere where there are free tees I always let myself down, if allowed I'd back the car up and empty the lot into the boot
At Sawgrass they had like little egg cups full of pencils on the tables .
To my shame I took quite a few.
Starter on the tee asked if we had enough pencils and just gave us a handful each.
We were on holiday for two weeks and this happened everywhere .
I have so many tees and pencils I will be leaving them in my will.
I did give all our juniors some tees and pencils from the top courses we play .
So just redistribution.

Tashyboy

Please don’t ask to see my tatts 👍
Visit site
Well I know there’s no chocolate bars in there, Ave ate them every time I go in the man cave. Bags been empty some time.

slowhand

Head Pro
Visit site
As with the OP I have a tee surplus in the bag right now (they're free so I usually finish on 18 with more tee's than I started the round with) Other than that the bag has mostly stuff I need/use regularly enough
Took the umbrella out last year after realising it gets a distinct lack of use

Well, that guarantees a downpour during your first round after lockdown ;)

Slab

Occasional Tour Caddy
Visit site
Well, that guarantees a downpour during your first round after lockdown ;)

I’m very very fortunate that there’s no lockdown here, so I can play as much as the wallet/wife allows… and if it does rain then the heat dries you out pdq so brollies are really just dead weight (y)

thebigreason

Visit site
So at last count, my carry bag had a total of 50 balls inside, admittedly I do lose a fair few each round but I usually find more than I lose. Maybe i should turn up with one ball, then if i lose it I should just go find some more.

In regards to snacks, our 4 ball takes it in turns to provide the snacks, this ranges from a full on banquet (crisps, drinks, choc, sweets, protein bars, fruit, sandwiches etc) from one person to just a snack size mars bar from one guy.

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
Couple of years back I was feeling my bag too heavy. I knew I had not cleared gathered golf balls for some time...I had over 60. No wonder it weighed at ton.

MarkT

GM Forum Editor
Visit site
At Sawgrass they had like little egg cups full of pencils on the tables .
To my shame I took quite a few.
Starter on the tee asked if we had enough pencils and just gave us a handful each.
We were on holiday for two weeks and this happened everywhere .
I have so many tees and pencils I will be leaving them in my will.
I did give all our juniors some tees and pencils from the top courses we play .
So just redistribution.

I love this, just when you're not feeling great about yourself you get to double dip at the trough. And, to make it worse, you'll go in again. I'll never play enough golf to use a tenth of my current tee collection but I'll still go at a new bowl. I once played Muirfield and the locker room attendant came across me with a handful of both red and white tees on my way out.

He just said 'good night sir' which upped my self-loathing ten fold. I still come across them everywhere now

Ethan

Money List Winner
Visit site
I have quite a few (more than 10) ball markers, some quite nice Scotty Cameron ones and some plastic cheap ones from clubs I have played at, and I don't like to throw any of them out even though there are a couple I haven't used in 10 years.

GB72

Money List Winner
Visit site
More concerned that my bag has been in the garage for nearly a year now. Suspect I am going to need to worry about scraping the mold off before I worry about what is in it.

clubchamp98

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Went for a ride on my bike this morning ,when I returned I saw my bag and thought I will just check.
OMG there was a small packet of raisins in the pocket.
It had burst and things were growing on them.
A quick flash wipe and check the other pockets.
Fine now.

jim8flog

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I have regular clear outs of my bag.:LOL:

Usually twice a year when I switch between my winter and my summer bag.

I once berated myself for loosing a Titleist mitten on the course. Spring clear out and I found down the bottom of the club section.