Does your golf bag need a clear out?

MarkT

GM Forum Editor
Visit site
Here’s Brooks Koepka’s glove collection, what’s in your bag that serves little or no purpose (feel free to insert jokes eg putter)?

I have approximately 200 tees and €12.80 in very loose change

Attachments

• E01FBD44-EE17-412F-B378-C44B7F46C05E.jpeg
    E01FBD44-EE17-412F-B378-C44B7F46C05E.jpeg
    192 KB · Views: 42

Bdill93

Undisputed King of FOMO
Visit site
Both bags have been fully cleaned out over lockdown! Ready and raring to go!

Did find a few old pound coins that are no longer circulating - oops!

patricks148

Global Moderator
Visit site
luckily i have not made the same mistake as last winter, left some apples in the bag, went into lockdown, got back on the course again 2 months later and found a load of moldy mush in one of the pockets:sick:

davidy233

Tour Rookie
www.davidyoungphoto.co.uk
As 99% of the time I carry my clubs I make sure there's very little/no unneeded weight in my bag - on the other hand my trolley bag which mainly sits in the cupboard had loads of unneeded stuff as that's where i dump any stuff I don't want from my carry bag. Couple of people have mentioned coins etc. - in two weeks it will be a year since I last used cash - I'll need to search the house for a coin to mark my ball before I start playing comps again.

IanM

Journeyman Pro
www.newportgolfclub.org.uk
Mate of mine left a half eaten cereal bar in the golf bag, the mice in his garage were very grateful. He's buying a new bag now! :)

I usually do a tidy up when switching from Carry to Trolley bag twice a year. Broken pencils seem to breed in there! Then golf balls I've picked up go in the practice bag, or Donna takes any she likes. The odd manky glove is sometimes found too.... other than that, I am mostly quite tidy.

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
I did this pre Christmas. I discovered around 12 pencils, 20 odd tees, 24 golf balls, 10 ball markers.

It was the pencils that really got me. What is that about?

I take my hat off to 200 tees. That is impressively pointless.

ScienceBoy

Money List Winner
Visit site
My pocket zips dont work as well anymore and it’s half held together with gorilla tape. My pockets often just empty themselves all over my car boot.

MarkT

GM Forum Editor
Visit site
I did this pre Christmas. I discovered around 12 pencils, 20 odd tees, 24 golf balls, 10 ball markers.

It was the pencils that really got me. What is that about?

I take my hat off to 200 tees. That is impressively pointless.

If I ever go somewhere where there are free tees I always let myself down, if allowed I'd back the car up and empty the lot into the boot

Slab

Occasional Tour Caddy
Visit site
As with the OP I have a tee surplus in the bag right now (they're free so I usually finish on 18 with more tee's than I started the round with) Other than that the bag has mostly stuff I need/use regularly enough
Took the umbrella out last year after realising it gets a distinct lack of use