Does the course qualify?

ademac

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
Could anyone tell me if my course would qualify as a full course for handicap purposes? (I’m sure the terminology is wrong)
I need to hand 3 cards in and the only differences to the course are that there are no rakes in bunkers and the holes are only shallow, but the ball still goes in the hole.
I’m hoping to get my cards done if it qualifies.
Any info will be appreciated

Cheers
Ade

ademac

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
No not allowed to physically swap/sign cards.
I wondered if common sense might kick in and a verbal/email witness statement would be enough?

howbow88

Hacker
Visit site
Forgetting pieces of card, are the courses actually 'qualifying' for handicap purposes? With no rakes in bunkers, shallow holes, and no removing the flagsticks even though some may want to, I'm guessing that they wouldn't be...?

ademac

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
I want the handicap ready for when the comps start up.
Not important really given the way the world is at the moment, just wondering if it’s possible?

howbow88

Hacker
Visit site
I agree about rakes, but I know some would moan about getting a crap lie which could of course be due to a lack of a rake. But in fairness, putting from a foot whilst trying not to touch the flagstick isn't going to be easy :D

AdamC28

Visit site
I would guess its non qualifying but you would really have to ask your particular club to get a definitive answer.
Don’t worry if you can‘t get a handicap before the comps start as you can just play in 3 comps and use those cards, you just can’t win! (That’s how I got my handicap).

ademac

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
Just to add, I’m not new to golf and this won’t be my first official handicap, I just wasn’t a member for a good few years and only joined again last November.
I am off work and have plenty of time for golf so it seems like an ideal time to get my cards in.

Pathetic Shark

Tour Rookie
Visit site
I have already told everyone at Pyrford that not only are we not doing any competitions until further notice, we will not take any handicap cards or supplementary rounds either. There is no rush for this.

ademac

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
I have already told everyone at Pyrford that not only are we not doing any competitions until further notice, we will not take any handicap cards or supplementary rounds either. There is no rush for this.

Given the CONGU guidance can I ask why you have told everyone at Pyrford that?
It would be good to get all angles for when I speak to the club.

jim8flog

Journeyman Pro
Visit site

Pyrford is not the only club taking that stance, it is the same where I play for the time being.

For supplementary cards it means going in to the pro shop and signing a book that means nobody else can handle the book for day or so and for initial handicap and supplementary cards it means some one having to handle the cards in the office.

The current guidance for play safe from England Golf is that all play should be social only for the time being.

Backache

Assistant Pro
Visit site
The Scottish golf app has a facility for scoring on it and verifying a partners score with a signature electronically.

USER1999

Grand Slam Winner
Visit site
Could anyone tell me if my course would qualify as a full course for handicap purposes? (I’m sure the terminology is wrong)
I need to hand 3 cards in and the only differences to the course are that there are no rakes in bunkers and the holes are only shallow, but the ball still goes in the hole.
I’m hoping to get my cards done if it qualifies.
Any info will be appreciated

Cheers
Ade

Welcome back by the way. Not seen you post for a while.

Old Skier

Tour Winner
Visit site

It was a suggestion from E.G. that initially it might be better to start with non competitive golf but it's not mandatory and I have got two on Tuesday that I will do, separately of course.

jim8flog

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
The Scottish golf app has a facility for scoring on it and verifying a partners score with a signature electronically.

So does IG but only via an app.

The trouble is getting members willing to buy the app (even if they have a smartphone in the first place) getting them to use and setting up club systems to use it.