Does anyone use Arccos?

D

Deleted member 16999

Might disable them constantly lol never find I can drop the pin anyways and plays like useless to me

Cheers for that , saves a DQ
I have a Garmin watch with Golf on, but use Arccos so not that aware of Garmin Golf features.(y)

FuzzyDuck

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Started using Arccos recently after purchasing a set of Cobra King F9 irons and getting the complementary "completion" set of sensors.

Really impressed so far, very few missed shots. The only issue I had was too many putts being detected, then I realised I often knock the ball away after holing out!

I realised today that on my home course (9 holes) I couldn't do a single 18 hole round, it had to be logged as two 9 hole rounds. I sent Arccos a request to fix this and within 10 minutes they responded and had fixed it. Very impressive response time.

road2ruin

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
Thought I'd bring up this thread rather than start a new one.

I had Game Golf when it very first started and whilst it was a good idea I found that all the manual shot tracking just added too much fuss to my game and so it quickly joined the ranks of other gadgets that haven't made the grade in my office cupboard. I am now interested in the Arccos set up with the Link as it appears to do the automatic tracking with little interaction from me during the round. I appreciate it's not 100% but it will do the job I want.

The questions I have for those who already use it are...

1. On the Arccos website they seem to do a very good job of hiding the fact that there is a cost element to the membership, unless that is I am missing something entirely! I've seen mention on here of £100 per year! Is that correct?
2. If you choose not to pay that what do you miss out on, does the system become redundant?

TIA

adasko

Assistant Pro
Visit site
1. On the Arccos website they seem to do a very good job of hiding the fact that there is a cost element to the membership, unless that is I am missing something entirely! I've seen mention on here of £100 per year! Is that correct?
2. If you choose not to pay that what do you miss out on, does the system become redundant?

TIA
I'm in the same situation as you and was looking some info about it. From what i've read yes you have to pay 99 pounds a year first year free. What you getting for that is intelligence caddy so I'm assuming that's what you lose if you want renewal membership.

road2ruin

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
I'm in the same situation as you and was looking some info about it. From what i've read yes you have to pay 99 pounds a year first year free. What you getting for that is intelligence caddy so I'm assuming that's what you lose if you want renewal membership.

It's very odd, I've been on the site searching and whilst on the Smart Sensors/Grips page is does say "purchases include the first year’s membership to the Arccos Caddie app starting from the date activated" there is nothing anywhere to say what this membership is going forward.

I spoke to their support and the info they gave me was...

The yearly subscription is $119.88 USD. For international users, we use the conversion rate at the time of the renewal.

The subscription is needed to use the app.

Sounds pretty much that you don't get any real functionality after the first year unless you keep the subscription going unless someone who has the product can say otherwise?

bwstokie

Visit site
I’ve had my Arcoss system for well over a year and have been through an annual subscription and it was around £100, billed in USD and converted. I have been very impressed with it overall until recently when it seems to have gone completely to pot following a recent upgrade. Basically I had a link to my Apple Watch from iPhone and it just doesn’t work so I’m constantly getting my phone out of my pocket which is a pain. I’m be been in touch with Arcoss who did reply speedily however they’re blaming an Apple update and have said it’s basically out of their control until the next Apple update. This really isn’t very helpful especially considering the annual fee you pay. It’s been like this now for around 3 weeks. If things don’t improve I may need to invest in a rangefinder when the renewal comes up which would be a shame because I really do like the stat collection and shot detection. I have the smart grips as opposed to the screw in sensors and I’m getting to the point where I need new grips so it would be an ideal time to go back to traditional grips if they don’t sort the issues out.

D

Deleted member 16999

I’ve just switched back to Game Golf after using Arccos for 12 months, you do have to pay the fee, which I think was £89.99, but that wasn’t the issue.

My issue was the amount of editing I was doing after the round, sometimes it was perfect, then next time out I’d get to random holes (happened on different holes over different rounds) and all the remaining shots in the round were recorded on one hole! So you get to review your round for example and find the 11th has you playing it in over 40 shots and nothing recorded for holes 12-18.

Hopefully Game Golf is back for good, but after just 3 rounds I’ve missed no shots and the GPS is no worse or better than Arccos, but I’m not spending time editing post round.

I know it’s not for everyone, but I find the tagging no issue and it’s part of my PSR.

Springveldt

Visit site
I’ve considered getting Arccos many times as I’m a bit of a geek and would love a strokes gained look at my game. The yearly fee is definitely a sticking point for me, I’m lucky if I play 40 rounds a year so I’m just not willing to shell out £100 for access to something I’ve already paid for.

I’ve used a Garmin X40 Approach for about 4 years now and the tracking is good but the stats are garbage, even Garmin don’t seem to know what they are showing you.

Might get ShotScope but then I’d have to switch watches just for golf since my Garmin gives me steps, sleep, heart rate etc which I do use during the week.

D

Deleted member 16999

I’ve considered getting Arccos many times as I’m a bit of a geek and would love a strokes gained look at my game. The yearly fee is definitely a sticking point for me, I’m lucky if I play 40 rounds a year so I’m just not willing to shell out £100 for access to something I’ve already paid for.

I’ve used a Garmin X40 Approach for about 4 years now and the tracking is good but the stats are garbage, even Garmin don’t seem to know what they are showing you.

Might get ShotScope but then I’d have to switch watches just for golf since my Garmin gives me steps, sleep, heart rate etc which I do use during the week.
That’s what I like/liked about Game Golf and Arccos, you don’t need to change watches etc, the links sit on your belt and provides no info during the round, like yourself I use my Garmin Fenix 5X as my everyday watch and Golf GPS.

aaajjj7589

Visit site
I've got the Cobra RADs so they come with the built in sensors. I also have the Arccos link which means I dont have to use my phone when playing.

Personally I love it. I love the feedback you get after you've played a round and it is great for tracking how far you've hit certain clubs etc - especially from certain lies (I hit a PW 186 yards from the rough a couple of rounds back for example) so my club choice is really helped by Arccos.

Equally it's great for getting insights on what you did well / bad in that round or over a certain amount of rounds. My coach accesses my rounds too and the proof of how my game is going in between lessons is easy for him to tailor my lessons. Fairways hit, putts missed etc.

I started playing last year and after putting in my cards for the first time at my club I'm currently a 16 hcp which I'm thrilled with.

So yeah, I can't rave about Arccos enough personally.