Does anyone draw a line on their ball to line up for putting?

Wildboy370

skiptongolfclub.co.uk
Don’t use lines. Took a tip off article by Darren Clarke years ago who said to stand away from ball and take steps left or right until looking down line u want ball to travel. Then walk to the ball along that line and line putter up and hit it. No faffing looking at all different angles etc. Works for me everytime.

Jacko_G

Blackballed
Visit site
ERC isn’t a chromesoft

the chromesoft x are available with triple track, I really like the ball and the lines.
plays as well as a pro v for me for less wonga

That's not what he's saying. Two different models have the triple lines. The E.R.C and the Chrome Soft X have them.

Roops

Head Pro
Visit site
Yup, always have a line on my ball. If you haven't tried it you should, it takes seconds to line up the putt (I have a pretty clear idea of the path I want as I walk to the ball so the lining up takes a second or two), I don't take any practice stroke when I am putting so I suspect I am quicker than the no line and multiple practice stroke players. Plus you get instant feedback on your stroke, did the line go end over end or was it wobbling.

Dannyc

Visit site
I put a line on my ball
Will only use it on shorter putts the longer putts I try play it more on feel

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
Don’t use lines. Took a tip off article by Darren Clarke years ago who said to stand away from ball and take steps left or right until looking down line u want ball to travel. Then walk to the ball along that line and line putter up and hit it. No faffing looking at all different angles etc. Works for me everytime.
Sounds awfy like my way ?

Robin Hood

Visit site
Not for me.
I do have good spacial awareness and seem to be able to read putts.
My technique is pretty good and I always aim for the ball to go 12 inches past the hole, so very rarely leave it short.

GG26

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
Not for me.
I do have good spacial awareness and seem to be able to read putts.
My technique is pretty good and I always aim for the ball to go 12 inches past the hole, so very rarely leave it short.
I aim for 18 inches past the hole, but still leave it short.

garyinderry

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site

Quite like that idea. :)

clubchamp98

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
A line is fine for Driving and putting .
What put me off it was when your on the fairway/ rough and the line is not pointing where you want to aim.
It really puts me off especially if it’s aiming to the right.
So ,it’s got it’s good points , but to many bad ones.
Great for preffered lies ,but not in season for me.

srixon 1

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
For the folks that put a line on their ball, do you take the time to line up putts with it (the line) on the putting green before you go and play? If not why bother?

rulefan

Tour Winner
Visit site
As an ex semi-pro tennis coach I always have difficulty in convincing myself to aim long. Even though you may have a second chance in golf, there isn't one in tennis.

robinthehood

Hacker
Visit site
All the balls I buy have alignment lines on them alread, the common one seems to be a couple of arrows. 1 either side of the model name e.g

< jpx-s >

I find this works fine rather than drawing a line.

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
Clean the lines off the ball? Why not just place the ball on the green so that they are not visible.?
Some folks make one helluva mess with drawing lines all over a ball. Besides. I just want to be able to plonk my ball down any old how - without worrying one little bit about what I see or don't see on the ball - for me any thinking about the ball orientation is a distraction from the job in hand. I simply find my line using the DC tip method mentioned by @Wildboy370 previously and find a spot on the green I want to hit the ball towards, then focussing on the strike, I hit that ball towards that point.