Does anybody else feel guilty......

Smiffy

Grand Slam Winner
Visit site
Dont have one, and can't see me getting one, but I've always wondered ... how "accurate" are they when you ask something - ie do they always 'hear' correctly and give you the answer/result you were expecting at first answer. Or do you sometimes have to repeat yourself. If you use a tablet, say, and type a question in to Google, you often get an answer to something other than what you asked - or the answer you really wanted is half a dozen down the list. Do you get the same with the voice activated ones?

Whenever I ask her anything, she is usually spot on with her responses.
She sometimes gets songs wrong, but it's very rarely that we ask her for particular ones. Normally it's "play radio 2, play classic" etc.
Sometimes we lay in bed and if we can't sleep, ask her to play "storm sounds".... they're quite therapeutic.

jim8flog

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Can you have an extra with a motorised door which opens automatically so you don't have to get off the couch and have to go the door to open it.

On second thoughts I already know the answer we used to have one as part of my wife's disable equipment.

Doon frae Troon

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
About 10 years ago one of our posh rich friends was trying to access cinema times on her 'new' voice activated smart phone.
It kept on saying a 'do not understand' message. She did talk a bit like Margo Leadbetter.
She could only get it to answer when she switched to a west coast Scottish accent.