Does all Adidas golf stuff run big?

BRISTOL86

Head Pro
Visit site
I bought an Adidas polo and trousers today - and both were a size below my normal.

Is this true of all their golf stuff or does it vary between lines? I want to order some more stuff online but I'm fussy about fit, so would be good to know.

Thanks!

Last edited:

GG26

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
In general I find that Adidas is on the small side. In shoes they are the only brand where I buy larger than my normal shoe size.

Trousers wise I find that they are true to size (waist and inside leg).

Grieve14

Head Pro
Visit site
I always found Adidas golf gear to run big - I'm a medium in pretty much every brand except Adidas where I am a small. I also find its not that great of a fit, I prefer a slimmer cut and the Adidas stuff always seems too baggy.

Garush34

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I have found their trousers to be true to size but their polo shirts a bit big. I recently got a new polo and its an XL same as all my others but its just a bit baggier than other makes.

BRISTOL86

Head Pro
Visit site
I always found Adidas golf gear to run big - I'm a medium in pretty much every brand except Adidas where I am a small. I also find its not that great of a fit, I prefer a slimmer cut and the Adidas stuff always seems too baggy.

Yeah, I’ve been a medium in all tops/shirts for about 10 years without fail, but the medium was massive on me. The small feels like every other brand’s medium. I’ve bitten the bullet and ordered the other bits in the same size. I’m going to be livid if it’s too small.

Also random question but presumably if buying outerwear like half zip pullovers/jackets etc you should buy your normal size as it’s designed to be worn over something else?

Daft question but there’s so few places round by me with a good selection of stuff that I order everything online.

garyo

Medal Winner
Visit site
I've found that some of the Puremotion stuff (do they even still do it?) was a slimmer fit (I think they called it 'athletic cut'!) so true to size, but just like yourself and Grieve above, I go with small for a better slim fit. Normally spot on in polos but can sometimes come up short in the sleeves on 1/4 zips and that. My adidas goretex is small though and it's nice and neat but not restrictive, which I prefer when swinging rather than having it loose and flapping about.

I find their trousers spot on, and in footwear I've always had to go up a size in adidas (trainers, golf shoes, football boots etc). Actually at the minute I have a pair of adidas 2 sizes bigger than my Footjoys! :rolleyes:

Wihtout hijacking the thread, does anyone know how Puma sizes come in?

jim8flog

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I think it varies according to the actual item I bought a clima warm jacket last winter and a clima proof both in the same 'written' size but there is an actual size difference between the two.
One of the things to watch out for with all manufacturers is to check the sizing label is a UK one and not an American one, their Size L is our size XL

BTatHome

Tour Winner
Visit site
The new Ultimate365 polo shirts seem bigger to me (not sure if the stretchy nature of them).

Shoes I make sure I get the wide fitting and then they are fine for fit .... which makes me wonder what the everyone goes up a size when it's likely the wide fit will be just fine.

BRISTOL86

Head Pro
Visit site
The new Ultimate365 polo shirts seem bigger to me (not sure if the stretchy nature of them).

Shoes I make sure I get the wide fitting and then they are fine for fit .... which makes me wonder what the everyone goes up a size when it's likely the wide fit will be just fine.

The polo I bought was an ultimate365 and the one I ordered online since isn’t. I fear I’ll soon find out the answer to my question and it won’t be good news :D

jusme

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
I never buy clothes or shoes online unless I have tried them somewhere first. Just too many variables.

I find Adidas shoes smaller than normal, but with their tops and trousers I find them spot on compared to normal clothing. That being said I have found the odd item to be smaller than expected.

Never buy online without trying - its simply a gamble as to whether they will fit or not

brendy

Global Moderator
Visit site
Adidas isnt half neat! I can buy double XL tshirts from Nike that are loose fit and comfortable, same size in Adidas is like it was painted on.