Doctors cerrt for buggy

jim8flog

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Absolute disgrace that a doctor's time needs to be taken up with something like this IMO.
Surely a member saying they have a relevant health condition should suffice.

Generally when wanting something like this the Doctors treats you like a Private Patient and charges for their time accordingly. It is up to the Doctor to decide if he wants to give up his time to do it.

One of the problems that a lot of clubs will have is a limited supply of buggies to rent out and may well prefer them to be used by players that have an absolute need for one and cannot play without one.

I know where I play there are a couple of players with Blue Badges who use the disabled parking bays then walk 18 holes fairly regularly, have certificates but only hire a buggy when it is a comp day.

rulefan

Tour Winner
Visit site
I know where I play there are a couple of players with Blue Badges who use the disabled parking bays then walk 18 holes fairly regularly, have certificates but only hire a buggy when it is a comp day.
Perhaps their spouses need the Blue Badges?

3offTheTee

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Personally, I wouldn't care if they had no condition at all. I guess, from a social aspect, it isn't always great playing with someone in a buggy as they naturally tend to shoot off when tee shots played. But, not that bothered if they might be getting any advantage or not. A person playing with a set of custom fitted clubs probably has an advantage over slow swinged beginner with a set of old, extra stiff blades, but so be it.
The good thing when somebody has a buggy in singles is that they can go ahead and look for your ball in the rough and the time has not started Until I arrive!