Do you take your glove off to putt?

Do you take your glove off when Putting?

• Yes - Without fail

Votes: 82 67.8%
  • No - Never

Votes: 28 23.1%
  • Sometimes - If I Remember

Votes: 10 8.3%
  • Only for birdie/par putt's

Votes: 1 0.8%

• Total voters

JustOne

Ryder Cup Winner
www.justoneuk.com
I keep my glove on. I would possibly take it off if I was on the PGA Tour and playing in 100° heat every week. Other than that people just take their glove off because they've seen it on tele :rofl:

Rooter

Money List Winner
Visit site
Other than that people just take their glove off because they've seen it on tele :rofl:

OK i am a high handicap hacker, a weekend warrior if you will. BUT, one playing lesson the pro wanted me to focus better on the shot in hand and advised removing the glove after every shot, putting the glove back on was the mental "trigger" to get back in the golf zone. works for me on as far as once i put my glove on, i try to focus on the next shot and stop the #bantertrain.

Rooter

Money List Winner
Visit site
In the 'zone'?? who are you... Tiger Woods???.... just hit it man!!! :D

#waaaaytoomuchtele

When you play at my level james, its about having a crack with some mates, there is a level of concentration required on each shot though you will agree? when does the banter stop and the golf shot start?

Doh

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I take it off if the sun is shining don't like having one white hand and one brown. Nothing to do with Putting.:whoo:

JustOne

Ryder Cup Winner
www.justoneuk.com
When you play at my level james, its about having a crack with some mates, there is a level of concentration required on each shot though you will agree? when does the banter stop and the golf shot start?

I do play at your level. It's ALL about having a good time. when you walk up to your ball and think about what shot you are about to play then you need to stop giggling and think "Right, here we go"..... it's nothing to do with putting a glove on and off :)

John_R7

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Put it on when I am getting ready to practice and take it off as I come of the 18th.

Cannot see a benefit in 'mix & match'. I either play all the time with a glove or occasionally none at all.

Siren

Tour Rookie
Visit site
I take my glove off after every shot, its sort of my routine. Glove off = time to chill and chat, glove on = concentration time.

delc

Blackballed
Banned
Visit site
I voted 'Yes-Without fail', because I practice putting not wearing a glove, and I believe this improves my feel. However this is not always true in the middle of Winter when I wear a pair of winter gloves all the time and can't be bothered to take then off, especially if this risks getting frostbite. :)