Do you enjoy

• Thread starter Deleted member 21258
  • Start date

Capella

Journeyman Pro
blog.jutta-jordans.de
Eh ... no ... that would be weird. I do play golf for fun and how well I play is only one of many factors of how enjoyable my round is. Beauty of the surroundings, weather, company etc. all come in as well and play an important part, but I defintely find that playing well is a lot more fun than playing lousy.

Macster

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Strangely, I've had a couple of games where I've stood on the 10th, with all of my H'C shots gone, to then come back in 1 over Gross or similar to make buffer,
and found it very satisfying. No Cut etc, but just satisfaction that the Golfer in me emerged !!

D

Deleted member 21258

I think I do, have been hitting the ball well recently and never came off the course really happy, but played poorly at the weekend and was fairly happy when I walked off. Disappointed I played poorly but.....enjoyed it

Good reasons to enjoy bad rounds more than good rounds :-

1) Tend to laugh over the bad shots
2) Don't leave the course feeling that I have left loads of shots out there (when compared to when striking the ball well, I always feel I should have shot loads lower)
3) Makes me want to get back to the course more than if I had played well
4) Probably relax more when playing poorly, as I end up really not caring where the ball goes or what my score is and just enjoy the hacking

that is offset by the frustration of playing pants.

Glad I am not alone in my thinking:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Swinglowandslow

Visit site
Depends why you are playing. To score or to strike well?
What I mean is- I would sooner hit my woods and irons well and putt lousy and thus score badly, than I would hit shots badly but scramble , with a few long putts going in, and finish up with a goodish score!,
If that makes sense😳
I suppose I'm not competitive enough, but just like hitting a good fairway club.

Carpfather1

Head Pro
Visit site
Can’t say I enjoy a bad round ,I had my worst round as far as I can remember today I’m normally solid off the tee with driver! but today I was spraying it everywhere ,so as a result I was constantly chasing my tail all round ,But like a doughnut I kept going with the driver trying to rectify it in the end I totally lost my Rhythm and starting spraying my irons too and even shanked a few wedge shots .I was laughing to my self walking off the 18th it was that bad a round 😂
I have a fair few knock out matches coming up so I hope I can sort it out it’s only a game right 😂

Tashyboy

Please don’t ask to see my tatts 👍
Visit site
Don't think I will ever enjoy a round more than when I smashed its back doors in winning the captains day and seeing my name in gold.
However, there have been days when I have hit the ball sweetly, when I have " been in the zone" but at the same time I have just not had the breaks. Sometimes it might mean I have not scored well, but I have played well. Does that mean a bad round. Am not to sure.
However when I have been Rammel, when I have filled the captains charity swear box up with 20pees. Not one bit. Give me the good rounds any day.

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
What are these good rounds you talk of. Playing really badly at the moment and not overly enjoying my golf but a bad round is still better than not playing and at least you can see trends and learn what needs to be looked at. When its bad, try and keep a smile on your face, don't spoil the round for the PP's and try and hit that one good shot that'll bring you back next week. Not much more you can do when it ain't happening