Dispersion

Norrin Radd

Tour Winner
Visit site
whats yours like ,I generally can keep my short irons [ 8,9,wedges] pretty tight the shorter the club the better ,so with my wedges i can generally keep it reasonably tight ,to around a thirty foot circle of the flag .so what is yours like with you wedges.[full shots not little pitches]

Papas1982

Tour Winner
Banned
Visit site
whats yours like ,I generally can keep my short irons [ 8,9,wedges] pretty tight the shorter the club the better ,so with my wedges i can generally keep it reasonably tight ,to around a thirty foot circle of the flag .so what is yours like with you wedges.[full shots not little pitches]

From 8 iron down I get frustrated if I’ve not hit the green. Other than that, as long as I’ve left myself a simple chip then I’m pretty happy.

OnTour

Head Pro
Visit site
I've had issues with my PW in my set, pulling it but I hit a 9,8,7 irons bang on. My XRs feel all over the place thus went for a check up today to find the PW is 3 degrees upright compared to other 4 irons in the set. Dispertion hopefully sorted with new Modus 3 105 tour shafts and some new forged heads to boot.

Frustration is massive when you sit in the fairway and pull it 30 yards and miss the green (and you can't chip :)

Coffey

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
Left and right isnt too bad with the shorter clubs but I can struggle if I am hitting a wee knock down PW or 9 Iron to get distance control correct, mostly landing short and is something I am working on.

Realistically, if from 100-150 yards I hit the green, I am generally happy as long as it is not a massive miss to the complete other side of a huge green.

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
52, PW and 9 iron are pretty tight, my PW in particular is something I am consistent with. 8 and 7 are disappointing although I always stand there with high hopes expecting to be straight. 6 & 5 I am more scatter gun :(

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
52, PW and 9 iron are pretty tight, my PW in particular is something I am consistent with. 8 and 7 are disappointing although I always stand there with high hopes expecting to be straight. 6 & 5 I am more scatter gun :(
This for me as well. Longer the club the worse it is. I'm sure that must be common. With the 6 iron dispersion isn't really the issue it's whether I'll be able to actually hit it properly or not. Dispersion seems like 1st world problems to me, if I hit it off the ground and it goes vaguely towards the green that's a win with any club. :D

D

Deleted member 21258

Given the number of greens I do not hit in a round, and normally the drives or par 3 tee shots are played from a reasonable 'place', I would say I am about on par with my handicap(9.5) and quite often hit more greens than I should(normal parkland size).

I would normally be hitting a part SW to a 7 iron into most greens, so from 20-150 yards . For fuller shots from 85 yards to 150 yards, if I hit 60% greens from that distance I would be surprised and distance from the flag is just a bit random tbh, I am not on tour:p.

Below 80 yards I would expect to hit the green and getting the ball closer to the pin.

Tend to miss a lot left and right, but at about the right distance, so GIR + NGIR(say within 5 yards of the green) tend to be fairly high for my handicap, just wish I could get my chipping/putting back to where it was and I may be able to score.:D