Dipping in the backswing

richy

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Hi

Does anyone have any tips or drills to stop me dipping and losing height during my backswing.

Watching some pros, their head remains so still and they rotate around a consistent spine angle.

I think the loss of height is contributing to my occasional fat and thin shots.

Anyway, ALL help appreciated :)

SocketRocket

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Is the problem caused by you dipping your left shoulder in the backswing? This can make you drop your head.

If it is then try to make a flatter turn where your front shoulder turns just under your chin.

richy

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Is the problem caused by you dipping your left shoulder in the backswing? This can make you drop your head.

If it is then try to make a flatter turn where your front shoulder turns just under your chin.

Im not sure, I recorded myself on my phone and during playback there was defiantly a loss of height by a few inches

Prowhalley

www.burgesshillgolfcentre.co.uk
Left shoulders dropping and therefore losing head height is caused by the right arm not working right. Wen ur right arm and takeaway isn't right then ur right shoulder will go high at the takeaway and as a result ur left shoulder has to go low and pull ur head down

JustOne

Ryder Cup Winner
www.justoneuk.com
Lots of great golfers drop a couple of inches in their backswing and a couple more inches in their downswing.... Tiger and Rory would be 2 that I can think of right now. Don't know if World No1 and No2 will suffice as an example? :whistle:

SocketRocket

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Lots of great golfers drop a couple of inches in their backswing and a couple more inches in their downswing.... Tiger and Rory would be 2 that I can think of right now. Don't know if World No1 and No2 will suffice as an example? :whistle:

Maybe they need to see a Pro :whistle: