Dilemma

Owen_Thomas_14

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Ive been playing decent with my current driver(10.5) but i find it launches a bit too high for me. I have been giving the opportunity to buy a brand new 909 D2(8.5) for £70 but find the stiff voodoo a bit too whippy for me. Would i be able to swap shafts with my old one?? or am i better of sticking with the voodoo??? My current shaft is the Aldila NV Proto By-You (stiff 65g) if this helps. Thanks :)

Ethan

Money List Winner
Visit site
The stock Voodoo made for Titleist is a bit soft, but a decent pro can swap the shaft out. There are loads of shafts available that would fit. I like the UST V2 65g as a good solid shaft.

Because you are changing loft, head design and shaft all at once, that is a lot of variables and probably best to get fitted for the new shaft. You don't want the opposite problem, something too form and low lofted that you can't flight.

Ethan

Money List Winner
Visit site
I think he means VS proto, which is a higher launch and higher spin shaft than the NV. It is a blue colour, the NV is green.

VS is a good shaft, and is actually the shaft the original Voodoo is based on, but a shaft that works well in one head does not necessarily work well in another.

Most pro shops that do Titleist have a fitting cart where you can match up heads and shafts. For example the one in my club has the UST V2, Fuji Rombax 6X07 (very good shaft) and others to try in Titleist heads. Find a good combo and if the price is not right, you will probably pick the same spec up on ebay.

USER1999

Grand Slam Winner
Visit site
I had an 8.5 909 D2. The most unforgiving driver you will ever hit. Makes a nice noise though.

Changing from 10.5 to 8.5 is a heck of a jump.

Owen_Thomas_14

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
It is the blue shaft :eek:. I dont think the Graffaloy shaft would help as i had the same shaft in my old FT-5 and lets say it went a bit too low ;). Just going to stick with the Voodoo and see what happens