Difference between the Nike VR S Covert Driver

Mikey5519

Visit site
Hi all,

just a quick question.
Is there much difference between the Nike VR S Covert driver and the Nike VR S Covert Tour Driver?

Kind Regards

Mike

Jon321

Tour Rookie
Visit site
I believe the tour has a slightly smaller head and a better shaft. Sure someone can confirm or correct me on that though.

Mikey5519

Visit site
Thanks for the replies, the link was awesome :)

I'm still undecided whether to go for the tour or not :-( I have a club head speed between 105-110mph

Rooter

Money List Winner
Visit site
Thanks for the replies, the link was awesome :)

I'm still undecided whether to go for the tour or not :-( I have a club head speed between 105-110mph

Go somewhere that has them both in stock with shaft options and let the ball flight make that decision for you!

Stuey01

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
You have a similar speed to me, I found I was borderline stiff/xstiff shafts and went with the stiff kurokage in the covert tour.

The tour has a smaller head, 430cc, and it has a heavier shaft, the kurokage silver in the tour is about 10g heavier than the kurokage black in the performance covert.
Aesthetically the tour has a black face and bottom versus silver on the performance.
Both are low spin but the tour is even lower.

I bought the tour with kurokage silver in stiff, is a good fit for me at 9.5deg loft. Love this club.
The tour is quite loud if you miss the sweetspot, everyone will know... It still goes though, very hot face.

You really need to try it before buying. Especially at that swing speed you need to try the different shafts. Are you looking at anything other than the Nike? I didn't plan on buying the covert, I was all set to buy a ping before I tried the Nike.

Last edited: