Diaries?

haplesshacker

Money List Winner
mid-life-crisis-man.blogspot.co.uk
Does anyone still use a good old fashioned paper diary anymore? Or are we all on Outlook and mobiles now-a-days?

I miss just being able to flick through the pages of a paper diary to see what's on when. A blue box in Outlook mobile on the phone just isn't the same. Progress eh!?

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
Got my diary/contacts/bank books etc etc in my Filofax - yes they still exist. Wouldn't be without it. PDA's and suchlike are ok until the chip fries itself and then you've lost everything.

CliveW

Tour Winner
Visit site
I've never used a diary for over ten years. If I can't remember a couple of tee times a week without writing them down, I'll give up. :D ;)

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
I still use my club diary to put down all my golf matches, lessons etc. I always get a spare copy to keep in my locker so I have access to all the members phone numbers in case I need to get hold of a playing partner and have the other one at home next to the PC

jammydodger

Tour Winner
Visit site
I use a paper diary and wouldnt be without it, I have never used a computer one and wouldnt be bothered to access it.

We also use a main calendar on the wall so we can both keep track of things to stop those pesky clashes

need_my_wedge

Has Now Found His Wedgie
Visit site
Use Outlook on the computer at work, which is now linked to my Blackberry. Can key in at either and it is synched with the other.

Our club provides a diary each year as part of the membership, it includes all competition dates, members phone numbers, sunrise/ sunset and other useful info. I don't carry it around though as I already carry the blackberry.

At home we have a calendar on the wall in the kitchen where the other half notes her work schedule (nurse working no regular shifts) and I fit in my golf schedule. I usually logon to the course website to check for competitions and course availability, although I refer to the club diary for competitions if the computer is off.

So mostly I guess that makes me an electronic organiser and perhaps there are one or two others like me, so the club could possibly save a few bob by reducing the number of diaries it gets printed each year and only providing to those who request it.

clubchamp07

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I keep a paper diary everyday, have done for the last 20 years. It's great to look back at to see what we/I was up to in days gone. Someone some day is going to have a good read at them to see what was going on in my life.
I cant be arsed with the diary on the PC.

ADB

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I have an A4 paper diary and have used one for work for the last 10 years. I need to record the time I can charge back to clients and I find writing this down in time slots better than trying to fiddle about on a PDA.

There is something comfortably old-fashioned about this and I will never change to an electronic diary.

USER1999

Grand Slam Winner
Visit site
I have started to use the diary on my phone (Nokia 5800) for appointments etc. It is pretty good on the whole. Not been a fan before, but with touch screen it is easier than using keys.

Previously not really used a paper one, I tended to just wing it. If I missed it, and it was important, it could always be rescheduled. I quite like living in a shambles.

Fore

Head Pro
Visit site
Talking of Diaries:
Her Diary

Tonight I thought he was acting weird. We had made plans to meet at a bar to have a drink. I was shopping with my friends all day long, so I thought he was upset at the fact that I was a bit late, but he made no comment. Conversation wasn't flowing so I suggested that we go somewhere quiet so we could talk. He agreed but he kept quiet and seemed so absent-minded.

I asked him what was wrong. He said nothing was wrong. I asked him if it was my fault that he was upset. He said it had nothing to do with me and not to worry. On the way home I told him that I loved him and he simply smiled and kept driving. I can't explain his behavior. I don't know why he didn't say 'I love you too.'

When we got home I felt as if I had lost him, as if he wanted nothing to do with me anymore. He just sat there and watched TV. He seemed so distant and aloof.

Finally, I decided to go to bed. About 10 minutes later he came to bed, and to my surprise he responded to my caress and we made love, but I still felt that he was distracted and his thoughts were somewhere else. He fell asleep - I cried. I don't know what to do. I'm almost sure that his thoughts are with someone else. My life is a disaster.

His Diary
I shot the worst round of golf in my life today, but at least I got laid :D