Diamana Blueboard 83g X Flex?

One Planer

Global Moderator
Visit site
so x flex is x stiff its not a really flexy shaft?

Ethan is probably the best person to answer your question TBH.

How does your current Fubki X stiff play? I would say (from my uneducated stand point) that with the Diamana having a heavier shaft weight (83g vs 73g) It would play a little firmer ????

Like I said Ethan is your man to answer this

USER1999

Grand Slam Winner
Visit site
83g is mental heavy, and x in this will be stiff as heck.

Unless you are planning on entering a long drive contest some time soon, with serious expectations of winning, I'd give it a miss.

Ethan

Money List Winner
Visit site
Tiger Woods used a 83g Whiteboard X at one stage, I think, so it would suit someone with Tiger's swing who wants to hit the ball a bit higher.

Not many of those around.

Ethan

Money List Winner
Visit site
lol My R11S 3 wood is coming with an 80g shaft, it felt lovely, not at all like a poker.

Depending on the shaft, 80g in a fairway wood is fine. I have a R11 TP 3 wood with a Motore F3 80g stiff and it is fine. And in a hybrid, you can play a bit more again. Most iron shafts are 120g or thereabouts.

brendy

Global Moderator
Visit site
Depending on the shaft, 80g in a fairway wood is fine. I have a R11 TP 3 wood with a Motore F3 80g stiff and it is fine. And in a hybrid, you can play a bit more again. Most iron shafts are 120g or thereabouts.

Ahh, I thought with it being a shade shorter than the driver shaft the weight would make more of a difference, my old 3wd/5wd were 65's stiffs.

Last edited:

WeekendWarrior

Assistant Pro
Visit site
i was told to look around by the man that fitted me for the r11s for a blueboard as it would fit my swing well. Iassume a 73 s will be best bet. But could have got the model I posted at a really good price.

brendy

Global Moderator
Visit site
I would assume limited shaft options at the time of the fitting as the clubs were/brand new and not released yet - they probably weren't expecting someone with a tour speed swing to rock up to the fitting
Sam and Sean discussed using various shafts, I think the one it will come with will work well, its just that other shafts were discussed too from my understanding. My ball speed was comfortably over 160mph iirc (sams was a couple of mph faster again) and to be honest, the shafts I ended up with felt brilliant, I wouldnt want to chop and change once the expert has settled on his choice.
Sam, I would wait and see before buying anything, you were hitting them well towards the end so something was working well for you. :)

WeekendWarrior

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Yeah the only reason I was looking was due to a friend offering me one really cheap didn't really want to turn it down! I'll see how I hit it !