Developing a swing using club design

BiMGuy

LIV Bot, (But Not As Big As Mel) ?
Visit site
I’d love to see some examples of professional players who return the club to the same position as address at impact.

How do you reconcile that at impact the handle of the club is moving left and up on an arc while the head is still moving down?

Superstriker

Medal Winner
Visit site
I’d love to see some examples of professional players who return the club to the same position as address at impact.

How do you reconcile that at impact the handle of the club is moving left and up on an arc while the head is still moving down?
I would like looking at the greats.Ben Hogan DTL is the perfect example of same address plane as impact. Again, it seems to have worked well for me. Others , maybe not there thing.But I’m glad i can keep my mind uncluttered

ThinBullet

Visit site
If you give someone a flatter iron like a Mizuno, they will likely, after a few buckets of balls, swing it flatter. Like wise with an upright club like a Titleist. But it's the hidden dynamics that trick people.
For example, a shaft that kicks forward because there's a further back CG location in the head will cause the ball to launch higher. The player might not like this, and try to hit it lower, causing them to hit more down on it, which could have a bad effect on direction and path.
If the player is putting it out to the left or right, they might adjust their delivery but it could be caused by shaft droop and not static lie angle.

Static measurements and looks at address are only half of the story. Of course, you might give a player a 5 wood that presents closed at address, and the first thing they'll say is "Nope that's going left" so they've already made their mind up about what shot they are going to avoid hitting so what do they do? open themselves up and sky it right, then hand the club back after the embarrassment and say it's not for them.

So yes, static club design and look at address can trick people into a different delivery, but better players tend not to be too bothered by it, as demonstrated quite regularly by my 4 HC buddy, who seems to be able to play anything with success.

Backsticks

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Are there many here who ignore club design and try to hit the ball with a cricket technique ? How successful is it for you ?

Reactions: sjw