Definitely worth a lesson

LUFC 1972

Head Pro
Visit site
Been struggling with hybrids and fairway woods for ages, went for a free lesson at AG just to see if they could help, found out I have a steep backswing so delofting all my clubs (so my 13 deg driver is they think only like a 9/10 deg) tried some hybrids 22-24 deg as have a massive gap in my bag driver to 5 iron, struggled with those to get any height and not great distance. Then he brought me a taped up a club and said try that, lots of height, straight and around 180-190 yards on a proper range with range balls, so now a proud owner of a 27 deg ping hybrid something I would never have considered and it has been a revelation... always been a bit sceptical about lessons but now a convert.... Also not pushy salesman in fact he said he would refuse to sell me a 22-24 deg hybrid as it wouldnt work for me. Has suggested a HL 5 wood to complete my bag ..

drew83

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
Sounds like a great result! I have often thought about the free lesson at AG....but wondered how good they would actually be. If it would just be another way to make a sale. By the sounds of it, they are quite worthwhile.

I struggle with my hybrid, but fairways are ok most of the time. May look into this myself.

When did you have your lesson? Has there been a chance to get the new shiny out on the course yet?

LUFC 1972

Head Pro
Visit site
Yes went out last night, hit the ball around 185-200 mark, but lots of height and it landed softly great for approaching green, where before I was having to play a 5 iron and would often be short or scuttle through the green... Not sure all AG's are the same have seen some more interested in a sale rather then getting the right club...