Decent headcovers for woods.

D

Deleted Member 1156

I use pom pom style woollen ones and got a proficient knitter in the family to knit a few extra inches onto mine. Job done (y)

D

Deleted member 15717

Don't understand this.

In over 25 years of owning graphite shafted woods I have never seen "bag rub" on a club.

Is it more of a problem if carrying or is it worse in a trolley bag?

I have seen it. Not my club, but a member at my club. He had a hybrid that had rubbed so much it had worn a deep indentation into the shaft so had to have it re-shafted

Curls

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
This is what I don’t get I have a 4way divider sun mountain carry bag, I carry sometimes but usually trolley with that bag on the trolley - and there’s zero bag rub on woods/hybrids I’ve had for years?!??

clubchamp98

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
This is what I don’t get I have a 4way divider sun mountain carry bag, I carry sometimes but usually trolley with that bag on the trolley - and there’s zero bag rub on woods/hybrids I’ve had for years?!??
I think it’s more the bag than the lack of protection from headcover.
In a trolley bag the clubs are more upright so not as much pressure as a carry bag where clubs are more horizontal and do get thrown around more when walking.
It’s probably a combination of both , but these shafts are to expensive to damage so I always use covers with a sock.