Dash Cams

2blue

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Has anyone got recommendations.... forward only or forward & Rear facing.
Are the Police happy to receive video evidence of bad driving etc.??

Hobbit

Mordorator
Visit site
I have a Nextbase one. Not sure the model is still for sale. It has both a front facing and rear facing camera.

Insurance companies will take them as evidence. Not sure about the Police in the UK but those out here in Spain will.

Hobbit

Mordorator
Visit site
Dave, you can buy really cheap ones but you get what you pay for. Mine records constantly, including sound - be careful, no swearing. The extra cost, in the main, is to do with memory. Some of the really cheap ones have poor lenses and the video is very jumpy.

2blue

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Dave, you can buy really cheap ones but you get what you pay for. Mine records constantly, including sound - be careful, no swearing. The extra cost, in the main, is to do with memory. Some of the really cheap ones have poor lenses and the video is very jumpy.
Yes I've had a cheap one go faulty after a few years but learnt their value so will get better quality this time..... they're very reassuring as no one stops to be witness anymore... it's the 21st C world.

road2ruin

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
After a number of near misses I was considering a dash cam but had never got round to it, about 3 months ago my insurance renewal was up and there was an offer of a further 15% off the premium if a dash cam was fitted. Seemed like a no brainier as the dash was would be paid for by the discount.

Anyway, having done a load of investigation I went with the Nextbase 522GW Dash Cam plus the addition rear facing camera. The rear camera is clip on so is less hassle to install. It is one of the more expensive ones on the market but most of the reviews I’d read were that you get what you pay for in the long run. This one is very easy to use, all files can be transferred via Wi-fi to your phone using their app. You can also used the SD card with their PC software if preferred. I’d happily recommend based on my first few months of usage.

bobmac

Major Champion
Visit site
Any dashcam is better than no dashcam, unless of course you're the idiot who thinks your Max Verstappen.

I've got the Nextbase 522GW

hacker_al

Club Champion
Visit site
I bought an Aukey DR01 (front facing only) from Amazon and I'm really impressed with it. Easy to install, good quality video. I think it was only about £40.
It came in useful when I witnessed an accident, I as able to send the footage to the lady involved to support her claim.

I think they do a twin camera system as well for a bit more money and I believe Aukey give a two year warranty on there stuff as well.