Cutting 3 Wood and Hybrids

apj0524

Head Pro
Visit site
Hi

I am sure it must a simple fix but I looking for advise.

I am finding that when I hit either my 3 (18*) or 4 (22*) Hybrid and 3 HL wood (17*) my shot shape is a cut, starting straight and the spin fads right, but more of a cut.

I find that if I have a strong strong grip with the left hand (RH golfer) this helps but I am sure I must doing some thing to induce this. I have tried sorting at the range and with a more neutral grip if the try and release my hands more at impact I can sort it but I struggle doing this on the course.

I can also do this with my 4 iron if I am not concentrating, so I am thing it might be due the the Gear Effect?

Any advise would be welcome

AJ

Foxholer

Blackballed
Visit site
I doubt it's anything to do with the Gear Effect as that would indicate you are hitting out of the heel - which you would notice. It's more likely a slight in-to-out swing path, which is more visible on long irons and hybrids/woods - where the 'ratio of side-spin to backspin' (actually spin-axis) is larger.

apj0524

Head Pro
Visit site
Foxholer, thanks a slightly out to in swing that might be it, as I tend I can tend to swing out to in as I go though my round and get tired, I find I don't rotate correctly and my back swing gets shorter, so I'll bear this in mind.

Thanks