cut from general play

TonyN

Money List Winner
Visit site
Dave, use the same advice you gave me, just go out and play, THEY were the ones who gave you your H/C!

USER1999

Grand Slam Winner
Visit site
To me, a handicap has to be gained through competition. Get out there, compete, and get what you deserve. I would love to get to single figures, some say I should be there, but I would never ask. Your h/cap is off the back tees, card in hand, name in book, simples. It ain't that easy, and if it is, you will get cut.

Billysboots

Falling apart at the seams
Visit site
It has been mentioned more than once under this thread, and is spot on that handicap secretaries CAN cut players if there is strong evidence that their handicap is no longer reflective of their playing ability.

Unfortunately, far too many handicap secretaries up and down the country are of the attitude that, now Rule 19 has gone, there is no such thing as a general play revision. Our club has the most intransigent handicap secretary I have ever had the misfortune to come across - he has been in post two years, has been reluctant to cut players even in the face of overwhelming evidence, the net result being that to have any chance of winning a monthly stableford at our place you have to shoot 45 minimum.

General play revisions are still available in everything but name, and I get utterly cheesed off seeing players win competitions by an absolute country mile through no fault of their own. It causes ill feeling and unnecessary friction between members, when all it needs is a decent handicap secretary who is prepared to do the right thing.