Cure needed for the yips at start of the downswing

Ray Williams

Visit site
Thanks for all the helpful comment and sympathy (if that the right word). It is still not going well and it seems everything I try seems to work for a few holes and then goes off. Things work because they take my mind off it.

As some of you have suggested I am trying to go out and enjoy it, but it is hard when you are going round in 120 even tho I chip and putt well. The best results seem to be when I just try a short backswing and just try to hit the ball gently with good body turn.

I'll keep at it and let you know what happens.

I've still not had a call off golf monthly so I guess they don't want to write a feature on me or offer their expert advice. Perhaps theyre afraid I will drive everyone mental too
Cheers

Ray

CMAC

Blackballed
Banned
Visit site
Ray, been there...........mine was called 'total swing disintegration' by the pro, beautiful practice swing though:whistle:

I'd heard about instinctive golf and went for a lesson, 1 lesson and it all made normal sense again and enjoyed the next days game for the first time in years, have a look http://instinctivegolf.co.uk/

JustOne

Ryder Cup Winner
www.justoneuk.com
There is some stuff on the web/youtube about the guy that cured Charles Barclay (sp?)

Personally I'd suggest gripping the club as lightly as you possibly can (so no tension) and then hitting only half shots... also experimenting on the practice ground.... grip soft and hit one, then throttle the club and hit one, then soft, then left hand only, then right etc etc... you have a comfort level to find.

Ray Williams

Visit site
There is some stuff on the web/youtube about the guy that cured Charles Barclay (sp?)

Personally I'd suggest gripping the club as lightly as you possibly can (so no tension) and then hitting only half shots... also experimenting on the practice ground.... grip soft and hit one, then throttle the club and hit one, then soft, then left hand only, then right etc etc... you have a comfort level to find.

Thanks again for the tips, I like to sound of instinctive golf and have just got in touch with them to sort out a deal. I'll have a look at U Tube also

Cheers