CT6 battery not releasing from trolley

Bratty

Princess Pouty (Queen of Fish Lips)
Visit site
Today, I couldn't remove the battery from the trolley. It had worked perfectly all round. Got to the car, turned the trolley off, lifted the grey handle and... nothing. Wouldn't free or release and felt properly stuck! Should have enough for a round tomorrow but then I'll be screwed.
Anyone experienced similar and did you fix it?

ventura

Head Pro
Visit site
Happened to me a few rounds ago (went over some cobbles back to my car which I think lodged it in). Gave it a good whack with my hand and could then release it. No issues since.

Bratty

Visit site
Happened to me a few rounds ago (went over some cobbles back to my car which I think lodged it in). Gave it a good whack with my hand and could then release it. No issues since.
Thanks. Must have been the same thing then. A smack this morning before the round and it popped out. What's great is that the 18 hole battery lasted for 18 yesterday, 18 today and I reckon would have done another 9 at least according to the display! Don't bother buying a 36 hole battery for a Powakaddy Ct6, folks! ?

George liddell

Visit site
Today, I couldn't remove the battery from the trolley. It had worked perfectly all round. Got to the car, turned the trolley off, lifted the grey handle and... nothing. Wouldn't free or release and felt properly stuck! Should have enough for a round tomorrow but then I'll be screwed.
Same thing happened to me. I emailed powacaddy to tell them about this problem, I and lots of other purchasors of a CT6. were having.
I told them that small stones and dirt was getting trapped in the groove round battery and housing.
Reply was that debris was getting trapped so I should unscrew the two screws that are visible at grey handle and clean out debris to release battery.
Told them shouldn't have to dismantle a £700 trolley to release a battery...Still waiting on reply

Bratty

Visit site
Same thing happened to me. I emailed powacaddy to tell them about this problem, I and lots of other purchasors of a CT6. were having.
I told them that small stones and dirt was getting trapped in the groove round battery and housing.
Reply was that debris was getting trapped so I should unscrew the two screws that are visible at grey handle and clean out debris to release battery.
Told them shouldn't have to dismantle a £700 trolley to release a battery...Still waiting on reply
Very odd! Agree with you entirely!

RMcan

Visit site
I had the same problem and was not able to remove the battery with a ''smack''.
So I remove the 2 screws that are visible at the grey handle and the battery pop up.
I clean everything, removing debris replace the 2 screws and put the battery to test again. Stuck again ! Cannot remove the battery.
Remove the 2 screws again, remove the battery, check and clean everywhere in the area.
Replace the 2 screws again, but this time, when putting the battery in place, I made sure to pust the battery as much forward as I could.
And now eveything works fine. So remember, when inserting the battery, push it as forward as you can.

Beezerk

Money List Winner
Visit site

Exactly the same a couple of months ago, battery was very hard to release like something was stuck. Couldn’t see anything wrong and it cured itself a few rounds later ?

Shaun t

Visit site
Hi had the same problem if you undo the two screws above the battery and slide housing up and re-tighten and works fine now ,

casuk

Head Pro
Visit site
Mine done that a smack on the battery worked a treat, does anyone notice an noise coming from the hinge just below the handle like a dull squeak also there is a bit of give in the area too, same on the fx7

Bunkermagnet

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Mine done that a smack on the battery worked a treat, does anyone notice an noise coming from the hinge just below the handle like a dull squeak also there is a bit of give in the area too, same on the fx7[/QUOTE
One of my playing partners has this with his CT6.

As an aside, does anyone else not think it’s a little odd with a shortish thread having 3 single post posters And nothing more since?

Old Colner

Club Champion
Visit site

Maybe not so odd, people who have the problem with their trollies search the internet for a solution and up crops this page giving a possible resolve, having followed the advice they come back on to confirm it works.

casuk

Head Pro
Visit site
I spayed some silicon spray and it stopped the creaking/squeaky noise for a short time, but something is rubbing at the hinge were the yellow release pull is

Springveldt

Visit site
My Motocaddy M1 battery gets jammed now and again when little red stones from the paths managed to get down the side of the battery compartment. Sometimes have to wait till I get home and jam a couple of butter knives/thin screwdrivers down the sides to help lever it out.

RogerH

Visit site
Very odd! Agree with you entirely!
My FX7 battery

I have had this multiple times since March 21. Powakaddy are not interested and i have to release the two screws every time to fix it. In my opinion the design is "not fit for purpose". For a trolley cost £700+ this should not be happening. I am at a loss as to how to stop it from happening or get Powakaddy to do anything.

Oddsocks

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
My FX7 battery

I have had this multiple times since March 21. Powakaddy are not interested and i have to release the two screws every time to fix it. In my opinion the design is "not fit for purpose". For a trolley cost £700+ this should not be happening. I am at a loss as to how to stop it from happening or get Powakaddy to do anything.

If the battery cannot be charged without removing it, then it is not fit for purpose and there needs to be recall or solution available by your local service agent

RogerH

Visit site
If the battery cannot be charged without removing it, then it is not fit for purpose and there needs to be recall or solution available by your local service agent
Agreed, just need to find the way to get them to respond with support rathe than say its not covered by there warranty!

AntMapes

Visit site
Had the same issue on my CT6. The problem is caused by debris ( stones etc ) getting down inside the release lever mechanism on the battery itself.
If you remove the 2 philips screws that hold the housing down near the battery release lever the battery will come out with a bit of force, then clear the debris from the battery release lever when its out.