• No, far too old fashioned

Votes: 25 58.1%
  • Depends

Votes: 11 25.6%

• Total voters

slowhand

Head Pro
Visit site
just wondering how many of you have creases on your golf trousers? I go though phase of putting them in them then I can’t be bothered as I end up but getting them in the exact same place.

I’d be interested in the reasons as well

Last edited by a moderator:

jim8flog

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Depends on the material

My wool blend trousers never loose the creases that were there when I bought them.

My cotton chinos have creases because that is the way they are dried and hung up. They never get the crease ironed in and they end up pretty vague when worn for some time.

My cords never have creases because they never stay in cords.

chrisd

Major Champion
Visit site
I wore the Footjoy golf boots that I bought off Ebay for the 1st time today- comfortable, warm and kept my feet dry ??

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
Err depends what they look like when I get them out of the wash. Certainly creases but probably not intended ones. :LOL: I only wear trousers in the depths of winter so I'm not going to bother ironing them when they're just going to get muddy anyway, not bothered.

Jigger

Club Champion
Visit site
Couldn’t care less. Just need to be comfortable and have a strip inside to keep my shirt tucked in.

PhilTheFragger

Provider of Entertainment for the Golfing Gods 🙄
Visit site
My red Ian Poulter ones have a sewn in crease
Doddle to iron too

My normal ones, I don’t bother, iron them flat seam to seam

Life is too short

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
Never thought about this so I actually went to check. 2 pairs are flat, one has a crease practically built in. I wouldn't alter how they are. I certainly would not add a crease, I'm not from that era.

Canary_Yellow

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I prefer the flat look - only trousers of mine with a crease are suit trousers

Do some people actually iron a crease into chinos? I could perhaps imagine it with the old fashioned pleated baggy look, but not a modern slim chino

USER1999

Grand Slam Winner
Visit site
Iron flat, fine, iron with creases, if designed to be that way, fine, but, just look a bit smart. Have some pride. Clean shoes, clean, ironed clothes, jumpers that haven't spent 6 months squashed in a golf bag. Have a bit of self respect, look the part. Think Wurzlegummage, and think, is that the image I want to project!

Smiffy

Grand Slam Winner
Visit site
I have a couple of pairs of Nike trousers that are nice and easy to iron. It helps that they are made of a decent quality material. Always have nicely ironed creases in these.
Some other pairs of trousers that I have are made of wafer thin, stretchy type material that are a right pain in the arse to iron, so I rarely bother to wear them. I tend to stick with my Nikes.
Chino's are my usual preferred wear, so I just iron these flat, seam to seam so they look smart enough.
Always clean my shoes and iron my shirt to within an inch of it's life.
I think it was Jack Nicklaus that once said "Dress smart, play smart" and most of what Jack said was right.

srixon 1

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I'm not allowed near the iron, as apparently i take too long and don't do it properly. Therefore, i wear them how my wife irons them.

Smiffy

Grand Slam Winner
Visit site
I'm not allowed near the iron, as apparently i take too long and don't do it properly. Therefore, i wear them how my wife irons them.

I made the fatal mistake of criticising my wifes ironing abilities with the very first shirt she ironed for me. Well, she put "tram lines" in the sleeves.
She has never ironed anything else of mine to this day.
Me and my big gob.....
:censored::censored::censored::censored:

jmf1488

Club Champion
Visit site
I bought a pair of trousers from Poulters website before he went bust. They came with the crease already in them. Needless to say, ive never worn them out of the house.

MarkT

GM Forum Editor
Visit site
I, in error, bought a pair of trousers with a crease in. Have now lost the crease and happy to leave the house in them