Courses near Worcester

louise_a

Money List Winner
Visit site
I am going to be in Worcester next Monday at a loose end and so looking to get a round in. Can anyone recommend a course that ought to be in reason condition.

rob_golf1

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
Gaudet Luce in Droitwich (15mins north of Worcester very close to the M5) is a nice track. Had the Trilby Tour there last year.

Over near Evesham (15 mins east of Worcester) is The Vale which has a nice 9 hole track as well as the International 18 hole course.

There isn’t much in Worcester itself golf wise tbh, I work nearby and on my commute back to Brum have played these course above a bit over the summer months.

FuzzyDuck

Assistant Pro
Visit site
I've always enjoyed Bransford, but I've never played it this early in the year. Played Puckrup Hall last week and although the official course status said trollies were only allowed on the first 8 holes, when I checked in I was told trollies were fine on the whole course. Seemed to be reasonable condition.

Sports_Fanatic

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Blackwell is 20 miles north, so probably 35 min drive. Lovely course, played it a couple of weeks back and it was reasonable then so expect it's improved.

Till end of Feb they have their winter package so £50 for bacon roll, golf and soup and sandwich afterwards. They say minimum of two but I'm guessing they can sort a rate if you ask. It's £95 per round in the summer and a top 100 course.

shortgame

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Worcester Golf & Country Club is nice but I'd fear part of it on the back 9 would br very wet

Ombersley is OK and pretty free draining but it's a little bland and very short/easy imo

Ross on Wye is nice and challenging but I hear it gets very wet in winter

Kidderminster is a very nice track and probably my favourite in that area

Gaudet Luce is very pleasant

Blackwell is very exclusive but supposed to be nice but will certainly be a lot more expensive than the others

Bazzatron

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
Worcester Golf & Country Club is nice but I'd fear part of it on the back 9 would br very wet

Ombersley is OK and pretty free draining but it's a little bland and very short/easy imo

Ross on Wye is nice and challenging but I hear it gets very wet in winter

Kidderminster is a very nice track and probably my favourite in that area

Gaudet Luce is very pleasant

Blackwell is very exclusive but supposed to be nice but will certainly be a lot more expensive than the others

Not wrong, I feel like Rory going there after getting beat up by Halesowen every week.

D

Deleted member 21258

Louise,

If you fancy Gaudet Luce I think I have a voucher for the course, that I won In the H4H auction last year(will check later). You would be welcome to have the voucher, as with the other stuff I have planned for this year, just cant see me making it down there, so likely to goto waste, so if you want it, its yours.

Never played any course in Worcester so cant help!

louise_a

Money List Winner
Visit site
Well I ended up playing Worcester Golf and Country Club it was dry, mostly on the full course and full greens. I enjoyed it although the greens were like iron early on. Its a MacKenzie course so lots of long narrow greens which were a challenge when you hit a green and had a 40 yd putt. Very welcoming too all in all a good morning.

SocketRocket

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Well I ended up playing Worcester Golf and Country Club it was dry, mostly on the full course and full greens. I enjoyed it although the greens were like iron early on. Its a MacKenzie course so lots of long narrow greens which were a challenge when you hit a green and had a 40 yd putt. Very welcoming too all in all a good morning.
Glad you enjoyed it as it's my home club. It gets extended in the Summer and is a very beautiful course to play. Another course not mentioned is Bransford which is a few miles away and has 14 lakes, 6 par 3s, 6 par 4's and 6 par 5's.