Courses near Port Douglas, Australia

IanM

Journeyman Pro
www.newportgolfclub.org.uk
Heading "Down Under" on Friday. Going to be playing Bonville , as we are attending a wedding there. We then head north to Port Douglas near Cairns (ish)

I have to preload my elderly Skycaddie, so anyone got experience of where to play around Port Douglas?? (no gloating intended!)

TXL

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
Was in Port Douglas in August 2002 and played the Mirage Resort GC and what was then called Links GC - believe this is now Palmer Sea Reef.

Both were very good courses and in great condition, just beware of the salties when playing the Mirage - somewhere I have a picture of my son playing a shot from the sign warning about them, thankfully we did not see any :)

Last edited:

IanM

Journeyman Pro
www.newportgolfclub.org.uk
Played Palmer Sea Reef this morning. Great condition and interesting layout. Well worth the visit if you're in this part of the world.

Big greens, lots of slopes, plenty of water about. Didn't see any crocs but were warned to keep away from the water...plenty of golf balls in the margins that no one was interested in retrieving.

One word about the rental clubs , although Callaways, they were in pretty poor condition. But holiday golf....so could forgive them