Course recommendations for Big Birthday

PhilTheFragger

Provider of Entertainment for the Golfing Gods 🙄
Visit site
My carer is looking to get me a game for my 60th birthday which is in December, probably a voucher for use later in the year

I’m bashing my brains out trying to think of a course that i’d like to play, but haven’t yet

In thinking top course, England possibly into wales
poss Celtic Manor

Throw some ideas at me, done the Swinley’s and Sunningdales, West Hill, Liphook,
Tandridge might be an option

ColchesterFC

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Cromer and Sheringham both good courses or are you looking for something more upmarket than that? I loved The Grove when I played it a couple of years ago. Royal Norwich is also good after the recent remodel - although a bit pricey.

evemccc

Visit site
St Georges Hill would be a great option (not played there, but looks amazing and worthy of a big birthday)

Or, The Old Course

Billysboots

Falling apart at the seams
Visit site
St Georges Hill would be a great option (not played there, but looks amazing and worthy of a big birthday)

Or, The Old Course

I had some business at a house on the St George’s Hill estate recently and the whole place just oozes class. The course looks stunning - a cross between Wentworth and Sunningdale.

I believe it comes in at about £190 a round IF (and it’s a big if) you can get a tee time.

MarkT

GM Forum Editor
Visit site
Stay at Aberdovey (and play there) and get the train from Aberdovey to Harlech for the day. Will be relatively cheap for what you get and two world-class links

Bratty

Princess Pouty (Queen of Fish Lips)
Visit site
St. George's Hill is my favourite course in the UK. I love it. Go play it if you haven't.

Smiffy

Grand Slam Winner
Visit site
Courses that have impressed me are Woking, (possibly the best manicured course I have ever played), Beau Desert, Bearwood Lakes, Royal St Davids, St Georges Hill, Broadstone, Parkstone to name just a few.
Tandridge is okay, but not in the quality of those above, and I wouldn't rush back to either Remedy Oak or Celtic Manor.
My biggest regret was missing out on the Sunningdale trip a year or two ago.
My wife bought me a twoball ticket at West Sussex for my 60th. Played it with Richart. Was disappointed (with the course, not Richart)....

need_my_wedge

Has Now Found His Wedgie
Visit site
Played a few good tracks this year, would recommend many of them, not necessarily in this order, all stunning courses in their own right.

Broadstone
Woking
Bearwood Lakes
Pennard - played it 2 days ago, fabulous track
Gleneagles Queens (twighlight ticket is a bargain)
Nairn
Royal Dornoch