Course is Bone Dry - Temporarily Ban Smoking?

D

Deleted member 15344

We have now banned smoking from the course - a few aren’t happy with it but the majority understand it

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
Had an email from the club saying smoking now banned. Members seemed to have adhered to it (and only a few mutterings) but the message not getting through to green fees and saw several smoking on the course last night. With no marshal operating how is the club supposed to police that? One thing to mention it when they pay a green fee but another for them to stick to it. At least the membership are self-policing

shortgame

Tour Rookie
Visit site
but the message not getting through to green fees and saw several smoking on the course last night. With no marshal operating how is the club supposed to police that?

Poor form - crazy they wouldn't comply, assuming they were told beforehand

Impossible to police really, same as making sure visitors replace divots, repair divots etc - down to their respect for the game and the course

Did they comply when you informed them?

Jamesbrown

Head Pro
Visit site
Smokers wouldn’t stop smoking with a ban in place. I used to be one. I’d of snubbed my nose at it, but been more diligent.
At work smokers are supposed to smoke in designated areas. It doesn’t happen.

If someone was told to stop doing something they enjoy doing. Most will not comply.

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
Poor form - crazy they wouldn't comply, assuming they were told beforehand

Impossible to police really, same as making sure visitors replace divots, repair divots etc - down to their respect for the game and the course

Did they comply when you informed them?

On the hole I saw them on but as we were going in opposite directions (they were on front nine and I was going down 15) I doubt they'd have stuck to it