Course closures

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
Closed this morning with another inspection at 11
I suspect they're hoping for a touch more thaw and the night's rain to drain away.
Should be good for tomorrow ?

patricks148

Global Moderator
Visit site
Despite a warm up and all the snow disappearing, the ground is still frozen solid. Club is saying course still closed for safety reasons.

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
Our 11am inspection didn't open the course.
Still very wet on top, still pretty frozen underneath
We may be open tomorrow but its likely to be carry only and what we call extreme weather holes - basically holes on the fringe of the green..
Not really sure how that stops people walking on the greens but they've done this for some time so must know what they're doing.

Not sure if I'll bother tomorrow or not...don't want to aggravate my knee again - it was carrying that bought it on last month
Rain in the forecast, windy too, holes on the fringes, carrying, rain.....I might just stay home...

clubchamp98

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Ours opened yesterday.
Course is very good tbh.
But the greens are very soft and very wet.
Shouldn’t be on them imo.
7 temps but should be 18 imo.

Golfnut1957

Visit site
Been out and had my 13 hole fix, and what a pleasant surprise. On Saturday when I walked the dog the whole course was bell iron, today the whole course was free of ice, the fairways were firm and dry, the greens were receptive (soft) and as bobbly as can be, but they were open, and the sun shone.
All in all a very pleasant experience which I'm sure will change on Friday when we next play if the forecast is correct.

Voyager EMH

Slipper Wearing Plucker of Pheasants
Visit site
Closed yesterday and today - too soggy.
Seventeen days since my last game as I didn't bother on the frozen greens.
Plenty of other things to do this week and next, so not too bothered.

patricks148

Global Moderator
Visit site
Yeah Patrick, haven’t played in weeks.
Weather has been unbelievable this last wee while.
Which hole? Struggling to make out.

Me either at least 2 weeks for me and unusually nairn is closed and has been the last week. Ground still frozen, snow melted and then frozen. Too dangerous to walk on. Might try a game tomorrow if it's open.

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
Opened late afternoon but asked to carry if at all possible, and if not possible then please use trolleys ‘with due diligence’. As a lovely afternoon today I expect open with the same guidance on trolleys as today.

BrianM

Head Pro
Visit site
Which hole? Struggling to make out.

Me either at least 2 weeks for me and unusually nairn is closed and has been the last week. Ground still frozen, snow melted and then frozen. Too dangerous to walk on. Might try a game tomorrow if it's open.

Bottom of the 5th, although there’s a few holes like that ??

patricks148

Global Moderator
Visit site
Bottom of the 5th, although there’s a few holes like that ??
Ah, I just didn't recognise the houses behind.
If its that bad on the higher holes, shudder to think what the lower wet holes would be like.
Must be thawing, bought park had a big puddle this morning, gone by 4pm.

HeftyHacker

Visit site
Opened on Monday, but when I arrived for the first tee time it was still closed.

It was reopened at about 10.15. Conveniently the time the greens director had a tee time.

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
Course open…however…Be prepared to play from some forward tees as we endeavour to protect your course. If you can carry, please do.

Pouring down…but I have a match to be played by 08.01 and further delay makes it difficult to fit in…so will just have to get on with it.