Course closures

Slab

Occasional Tour Caddy
Visit site
Played a practice round with my wife yesterday (not even keeping score) that started dry/windy/occasional shower, but descended into near farcical wind/rain. Made the turn and I could see my wife wanted to quit and get undercover but even with nothing at stake I was enjoying the practice, by the 12th I don't think there was another player still on the course. Gusting up to 50kph and sideways heavy rain making not just distance but visibility a challenge

I've quit rounds before in 'better' conditions but kept going and wouldn't you know the sun was shining on 18th tee

Back home and two sets of drowned clubs & shoes to be dried/cleaned, all in all a perversely enjoyable round

Springveldt

Visit site
Course closed today again after overnight rain. To be fair there a few closed around me, it’s not just my course. Think that’s either 5 or 6 days closed in the last month due to waterlogging.

Slab

Occasional Tour Caddy
Visit site
Winter coming to an end here and the first week with no sign of rain for what seems
like ages

Hopefully that's us into summer like conditions now

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
Course closed today again after overnight rain. To be fair there a few closed around me, it’s not just my course. Think that’s either 5 or 6 days closed in the last month due to waterlogging.
Anywhere open today around here, not a links course, is kidding themselves.

I went and had a good whack in the simulator. Free, course closed, and good fun. The numbers are nonsense, we've had that chat before, but I get the feel from hitting the ball. It was that or the range 🤷🏻‍♂️

Springveldt

Visit site
Anywhere open today around here, not a links course, is kidding themselves.

I went and had a good whack in the simulator. Free, course closed, and good fun. The numbers are nonsense, we've had that chat before, but I get the feel from hitting the ball. It was that or the range 🤷🏻‍♂️
I was up at 6:30 this morning when the notification came through that the course was closed so immediately grabbed a tee time on Sunday instead.

Yeah the simulator wasn’t accurate at all when we used it. Shame as the room is great, just wish they had went with a reputable launch monitor. The one they have has all the bells and whistles with both ball and club data but it just doesn’t seem accurate at all.