Course closed tomorrow...

Hacky

Visit site
Play is being stopped on both courses at midday today for two minutes silence. No mention of full closure, though there are discussions being had about when the funeral is held on the Monday 19th

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
No word on the funeral day. I was due to play but have cancelled as family coming round now to make most of bank holiday

Our weekend comp this week was cancelled but course open for general play

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
We haven't cancelled any matches or comps this week so I don't expect us to be shut on the 19th
They may close the bar and offices, they may even give the Greenkeepers the day off but we can still play.
The changing rooms are accessed via the club card so no issues there.
There is a Ladies match against another club so that might go....depends on the other club I suppose

D

Deleted member 15344

I suspect most clubs and courses etc will close on the day

Yorkhacker

Visit site
I suspect most clubs and courses etc will close on the day
That would be ridiculous if so. While I can understand clubhouses, pro shops etc being closed, much like Christmas day, there is no reason for courses not to be open.
After all, we live in a democracy where people are free, within the law, to make choices about how they spend their time.
Also, what about people who are on trips away and have booked to play games. What are they going to do with the day?

D

Deleted member 15344

That would be ridiculous if so. While I can understand clubhouses, pro shops etc being closed, much like Christmas day, there is no reason for courses not to be open.
After all, we live in a democracy where people are free, within the law, to make choices about how they spend their time.
Also, what about people who are on trips away and have booked to play games. What are they going to do with the day?

Why would it be “ridiculous” ?‍♂️ It’s the day of the funeral of the head of state - im sure people can miss a days golf.

Backache

Assistant Pro
Visit site
I don't think anyone is suggesting it will be illegal to open but the law and choice also allow clubs to close should they wish.

Yorkhacker

Visit site
Why would it be “ridiculous” ?‍♂️ It’s the day of the funeral of the head of state - im sure people can miss a days golf.
Because we live in a democracy where we have free will to do as we choose. In the same way that non Christians aren't forced to celebrate Christmas, people who aren't interested in the funeral should be free to select how they spend the day. It's ridiculous to have the course closed, when having it open has no effect on anybody.
Of course people can miss golf. But why should they be forced to? And what about people on trips away, especially those who have come from abroad?

2blue

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Not on the 'Respect Rating Register' of the radicalized, you can't...... it's only OOT that's allowed....... any other level is inadequate in their eyes. I doubt she'd have wished that! :cautious:

D

Deleted member 15344

Because we live in a democracy where we have free will to do as we choose. In the same way that non Christians aren't forced to celebrate Christmas, people who aren't interested in the funeral should be free to select how they spend the day. It's ridiculous to have the course closed, when having it open has no effect on anybody.
Of course people can miss golf. But why should they be forced to? And what about people on trips away, especially those who have come from abroad?

And golf clubs will have the free will too close to show respect - you won’t be forced to watch the funeral or even show respect for the day

The greenstaff won’t be there to set the course up ,no clubhouse staff

I suspect England golf will ask clubs to close

But I guess it’s modern society now to only think about what they want as opposed to the bigger picture but it’s no different to when golf was closed during Covid