County Card... do they still exist?

stanny2k

Medal Winner
Visit site
Alright ladies & gents.

I often talk to my father about golf, well, I say often, I'm usually crying in his arms after a bad round, asking him for advise etc. (hehe)

He goes on about "Golf courses have changed, in my day, you had to have a county card to be able to guest at any golf course"... Do these things still exist?

Im a fully paying member at Dewstow Gardens Golf Club, does this mean I have a county card? Or is there a way I can apply for one as Im a member of a course...?

I've seen on many websites of courses in my area that County cards give you x amount of discount etc.

Thanks!

feary

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
Yes they still exist. For members this year you get a free one with your membership I think, well you do at my club. Last year they cost £15.

RGDave

Money List Winner
Visit site
County card exists here. It's a book of vouchers only available to members of clubs in the county and saves you lots on the green fee at all the clubs in the scheme.
I approve. :)

Evesdad

Tour Winner
Visit site
Ahh that's what they are! I got an email from the club the other day about the new county cards being available from the office but had no idea what they were on about, so in answer to the op yes they are still about!

Smiffy

Grand Slam Winner
Visit site
Pol along and see your secretary, he or she should be able to give you one. There is normally a cost involved, but it is nominal.
It will give you reduced green fees, (normally the members "guest" rate), at other courses within your county and beyond.

CrapHacker

Blackballed
Banned
Visit site
Pol along and see your secretary, he or she should be able to give you one. There is normally a cost involved, but it is nominal.

Blimmin typical.

The man asks a reasonable enough question, and you have to drag it down into the gutter as always.

Bad boy. Dirty boy.

Dominatrix.gif

jammydodger

Tour Winner
Visit site
Ours entitle you to golf at half the day rate. some clubs sign you off but others dont mund letting you come back and dont sign you off. We try to get somewhere once a month. We even get a separate county card that encompasses Cambridgeshire , essex , suffolk and Beds too iirc

viscount17

Money List Winner
Visit site
ours cost a tenner and is a booklet listing clubs all round the country that participate.
not used it yet, but it seems to give you half-price fees, mid-week, with prior notice - some require a letter from your club sec.