Countback

Rlburnside

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
Could someone explain how countback is calculated? I won a strokeplay competition Saturday on countback with a gross score of 43 on the back 9, h/c of 18, the guy who was second had a gross score of 40 on the back 9,h/c of 11.

Also we both started on the 9th hole so we played the 'back 9 first' I assume countback is still calculated on holes 10-18 .

Rlburnside

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
43-9=34, 40-5.5=34.5

Thanks, I worked it out we both had 34 for the back 9, the stroke index on the back 9 gave him 6 shots, that's where I was confused, if he had 5.5 as you say so that does not get rounded up to 6 then as you would normally get on h/c .

Very close then but I've lost twice on countback this last 6 weeks so I was due one.

rulefan

Tour Winner
Visit site
In handicap stroke play competitions the fractions of the applicable handicaps are deducted from the gross scores for the applicable holes. In this context CONGU® directs that the exact fractions i.e. one-half, one-third, one-sixth etc. or commonly accepted decimal equivalents are deducted. The fractional or decimal allowances should not be rounded to a whole number.