Could this be the cause of my high ball flight?

selwood90

Head Pro
Visit site
After videoing and watching back my swing for the first time the other day, I noticed 2 things rather wrong with my swing. Although I get in a nice position at the top of back swing and swinging through the ball looks fairly normal to my eye. Perhaps not to the trained eye.. I noticed that, my lead leg (left, rh golfer) collapses inward to what I would say was an unhealthy amount for my golf swing/posture. Also, although my downswing starts with a bump of the hips towards the target, after I'm through the ball and at the top of the through swing my spine angle is still very much away from the target. Even though I feel like I transfer all my weight to my lead leg. Would this cause a high ball flight? It's not stupidly high, but not as piercing as I would like (or have seen others have) my distances still seem fine, but wow if you have never video'd your swing and watched it back, I would highly recommend it.

I would also upload the video, but I'm currently not with the device I filmed with. So yeah, any advice/knowledge would be welcome. I do have lessons booked and one coming up this Wednesday. But just thought perhaps someone in the know could shed some light

Cheers chaps

Foxholer

Blackballed
Visit site
Perception of Ball Flight by the player can be quite deceptive - looking higher than it actually is.

Why do you want a 'penetrating' flight, when the 'optimum' one is actually rather high?

Jason Day seems to be getting along quite fine with a seriously high flight, as does Rory!

However, if you are losing energy and distance by an inefficient swing, that is a different matter - only slightly related to ball flight.

selwood90

Head Pro
Visit site
Your probably right to be honest, what I perceive to be high may be fine. I don't think I loose any distance, I certainly don't feel as if I do. See what my pro says Wednesday and go from there I suppose. Hopefully he can give me another drill or 2 to sort out this reverse spine angle on completion of my swing like ruff - driver. Cheers guys