Cost of golf clothing

Shooter McPowick

Head Pro
Visit site
I’m a bit tight when it comes to clothing and tend to buy sale stuff or get UA shirts off eBay for £22. My better half has bought me a few “full price” FJ and UA stuff and admittedly it does seem a better quality. The eBay bargains are still the best value though.

Backache

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Can't say I'd be willing to pay anything less than a three figure sum to put a shirt on my elegant frame, and trousers are usually at least five times the cost of a shirt. Socks I'm prepared to compromise on and will occasionally pick up the odd bargain around the fifty pound mark.
I have to say that a decent pair of hand made golf shoes aren't cheap but they last well.

Visit site
I always get great bargains at tk maxx I've got a couple of Spyder zip up jumpers and base layers that are great for golf, mind you it helps when the missus works there and sets aside what comes in and I get first choice and includes a staff 20% discount as well. 👍

Crazyface

Tour Winner
Visit site
My main staples are Under Armour, Nike, Puma and Footjoy. I generally never pay more than £40 for a shirt, £65 for trousers, £40 shorts, and £50 jumpers (I wait until sales/end of season.)
The only time I don't mind spending is on Waterproofs and shoes.

WOW....just WOW. Mine are Nike polos (drifit) about 5, all for £10. Trousers? 4 pairs Nike again...£10. etc etc etc. One thing I cannot get are the shoes at the outlet store. Have to go to e bay for those. Usually Stuburt, nice wide fit, don't need to try on. Did get some nice Nike ones for £30 a few weeks ago.

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
WOW....just WOW. Mine are Nike polos (drifit) about 5, all for £10. Trousers? 4 pairs Nike again...£10. etc etc etc. One thing I cannot get are the shoes at the outlet store. Have to go to e bay for those. Usually Stuburt, nice wide fit, don't need to try on. Did get some nice Nike ones for £30 a few weeks ago.
You are very lucky having Cheshire Oaks only 20-30 minutes away. I was in the area a month or so ago and came away with a number of things, not golf related on this occasion.

need_my_wedge

Has Now Found His Wedgie
Visit site
Very rarely pay full price on any golf clothing, unless it is something specific that I am after and I don't want to wait or chance not getting it in the sales - but that's not often. Plenty of places online already mentioned in the thread that sell at decent prices, Golbase is always a good choice. Other than that, I wait for sales. I don't set a limit on anything, it will always be down to whether I need it, want it, can afford it etc. Sometimes I do and can, sometimes I don't and can't.

I have recently moved away from buying golf specific trousers, much as I love the UA tapered fit trousers, Next do a great pair of slimfit stretch chinos for £22, very hard to beat that.

abjectplop

Hacker
Visit site
Very rarely pay full price on any golf clothing, unless it is something specific that I am after and I don't want to wait or chance not getting it in the sales - but that's not often. Plenty of places online already mentioned in the thread that sell at decent prices, Golbase is always a good choice. Other than that, I wait for sales. I don't set a limit on anything, it will always be down to whether I need it, want it, can afford it etc. Sometimes I do and can, sometimes I don't and can't.

I have recently moved away from buying golf specific trousers, much as I love the UA tapered fit trousers, Next do a great pair of slimfit stretch chinos for £22, very hard to beat that.

I have some of the Next chinos for casual wear. Don't you find they don't wash and iron very well?

As I mentioned, earlier in the thread, the UA taper trousers can be picked up at great prices on Amazon if you keep an eye on it. Very size dependent and I'm possibly lucky because I need the longest length avaialble, but this is the sort of bargain you can get:
Capture.PNG