Cost of golf clothing

Capella

Journeyman Pro
blog.jutta-jordans.de
Actually, one of the things I like about golf is that you do not need specific clothing for it. Shoes maybe, but apart from that, any polo shirt and half decent trousers will do. I have a few clothing items which are "golf clothes" in the sense that they are from some golf brand or other which I can just as well wear to the office and vice versa. When I go and play a few holes after work, I can normally do that in my normal office attire. So for me it is mix'n'match. If I see an item I like in our pro shop, I will try it on and maybe buy it if it is not crazy expensive. But I also buy most of my regular clothes with the thought "can I wear that to the course" in my mind.

Crazyface

Tour Winner
Visit site
We have a new TK Maxx opened last week so planning to raid that one night in the week and see if they have any bargains.

LOL sorry Homer. We. the clowns on our council, have just paid out £11m yes £11m, to redesign part of the town and have lured in TK Max ONLY!!!!! £11m for a indoor jumble sale.

Bxm Foxy

Visit site
I really don't like looking like a golfer, but it's the same as any other clobber, can be a bit pricey can't it.

Slab

Occasional Tour Caddy
Visit site
Oakley golf tops are really nice and not that pricey but for readily available stuff then Adidas tops the list (SWAGG is also good value but not sure how common it is in UK) With the features found in modern ‘sport’ tops I doubt I’d play golf in a regular polo shirt
Callaway are great fitting but don’t last as long (bit like their shoes)

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
LOL sorry Homer. We. the clowns on our council, have just paid out £11m yes £11m, to redesign part of the town and have lured in TK Max ONLY!!!!! £11m for a indoor jumble sale.
I am not a fan but as it's only been opened since 4th hoping there might still be something in there. It's a crap way of selling and you're so right - glorified jumble sale.

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
We have a new TK Maxx opened last week so planning to raid that one night in the week and see if they have any bargains.
I find that is a place that everyone else gets a bargain in but I never see any. I keep hearing people doing well there but it is only poor quality gear when I put my head in. Maybe it is a case of ice skating pandas for me.

I love the jumble sale analogy for it, that is totally my own experience.

pokerjoke

Money List Winner
Visit site
It’s interesting reading what people feel is expensive and for what it is,essentially a polo shirt they can be depending on brand names,no different to any other business brands.

However the biggest rip off in my opinion is shoes,essentially a trainer with spikes in or rubber soles,massively overpriced.

Shop smart though
RRP means nothing
Grip yourself last years design and get it half price or less.
There are also so many other sites now where there are great bargains to be had.

Lazkir

Head Pro
Visit site
I bought most of my gear from US Outlet stores when I go to Florida on holiday. All the top branded stuff is very cheap, T shirts between £15 and £20, shoes around about the £40- £50 mark.
I've only bought one top over here and that was from AG when there was a sale on and I needed a winter top.
UK prices are ridiculous!

r0wly86

Head Pro
Visit site
prices are crazy, especially trousers with adidas and Ping coming in at £70 a pop

The market must be crying out for a cheaper brand to come in. My rugby team recently won our league and one of players sourced unbranded polos, the stretchy kind of material, with our logo on it and it cost £16. That's from a middle man too, so if you bough straight from the factories it would be very cheap. Charing £50 is a ludicrous mark up

Sats

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
My main staples are Under Armour, Nike, Puma and Footjoy. I generally never pay more than £40 for a shirt, £65 for trousers, £40 shorts, and £50 jumpers (I wait until sales/end of season.)
The only time I don't mind spending is on Waterproofs and shoes.

Jensen

Tour Rookie
Visit site
prices are crazy, especially trousers with adidas and Ping coming in at £70 a pop

The market must be crying out for a cheaper brand to come in. My rugby team recently won our league and one of players sourced unbranded polos, the stretchy kind of material, with our logo on it and it cost £16. That's from a middle man too, so if you bough straight from the factories it would be very cheap. Charing £50 is a ludicrous mark up

See what it's like after a few washes.
My experience has been the quality diminishes pretty quick.
Mostly, at the end of the day you only get what you pay for.
Yes there are some brands that are ridiculously priced, but in the main the decent manufacturers stuff lasts.

Lazkir

Head Pro
Visit site
See what it's like after a few washes.
My experience has been the quality diminishes pretty quick.
Mostly, at the end of the day you only get what you pay for.
Yes there are some brands that are ridiculously priced, but in the main the decent manufacturers stuff lasts.

Bib, yes that's definitely true, I still have a Nike top that I bought in 99 that still looks good and still fits (honest).