Corrie or Eastenders?

JohnnyDee

Tour Winner
Visit site
For me it's simple.

Corrie all the way. It was the original, it's the longest (TV) running example, it mixes a bit of pathos with a lot of comedy and deep down it is a show with warmth and heart.

So then compare and contrast that with 'Stenders.

Eastenders is a mean-spirited, dreadfully-acted, suicide-inducing miseryfest. It has no redeeming qualities whatsoever. It is just utter grimness heaped upon total and abject misery, and how anyone can be bothered to depress themselves three or four times a week by watching its awfully depressing agenda defies belief.

Oh, and why do all the male characters talk in a gruff throaty whisper, all sounding like Oliver Reid's Bill Sykes in Oliver.

Now I know that a lot of us don't care for either, but posting along these lines is pretty pointless and those of us who do like a soap will take it as read.

So perhaps divert your energies to the multitude of other threads offering countless opportunities.

*Cue the (best and only worthwhile bit of any episode of Eastenders)

The last scene tom-toms* :D

Rooter

Money List Winner
Visit site
Mrs R watches both (ergo i 'watch' both) in my view, they are both utter tosh and waste of my time. Hence i spend 30 minutes nodding and agreeing with Mrs R while browsing my phone.

Region3

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Mrs R watches both (ergo i 'watch' both) in my view, they are both utter tosh and waste of my time. Hence i spend 30 minutes nodding and agreeing with Mrs R while browsing my phone.

So you find something interesting to do, not daring to speak for fear of "the look", then as soon as the adverts come on they expect you to stop what you're doing because they want to talk to you. :mad:

Corrie for me.

And Emmerdale :eek:

D

Deleted member 17920

Neither, I can't stand them, the missus watches eastenders and I question her why! It's just tosh!

SocketRocket

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Question Time for me. The acting is better than the others and the BBC orchestrates it so well.

We should remember thats it's not about real life though :smirk:

Tashyboy

Please don’t ask to see my tatts 👍
Visit site
Deffo Corrie, it still reminds me of the house we lived in when I lived in Rochdale ( Berwick st. Wonder why they never show you the toilet at the bottom of the back garden

MegaSteve

Tour Winner
Visit site
One of the downsides of working evenings/nights is that I get to miss out on the excitement of soaps...
Ummm don't think I'll be bothering to redress the balance on retirement..

Have been enjoying Dickensian though...

Pin-seeker

Visit site
None both rubbish,the Mrs watches Neighbours & I tend to raise my head from the iPad when ever Olympia Valance makes an appearance.

chrisd

Major Champion
Visit site
We stopped watching both them when they began being aired several times a week from the 2 weekly episodes!

D

Deleted Member 1156

I love Corries.

Correction......I love Carla Connor :D