Correct Shoulder Plane Sensations

Jensen

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Like a lot of golfers, I turn my shoulders too flat. I’ve looked at YouTube videos to correct this and they all mention tilt.
I’ll try to explain the sensations I “feel” and see if this relates to a correct shoulder turn.
From turning I feel as though my spine is arching towards the target. It’s like if you can imagine the actions of a high jumper. As they jump backwards over the pole, their back arches up and over the bar.
Does this sensation relate with those whose shoulders turn correctly?

Wabinez

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Define ‘turn correctly’

everyone will do it differently. My thoughts can be turn the left shoulder to the right foot, then right shoulder to left foot

Foxholer

Blackballed
Visit site
Like a lot of golfers, I turn my shoulders too flat. I’ve looked at YouTube videos to correct this and they all mention tilt.
I’ll try to explain the sensations I “feel” and see if this relates to a correct shoulder turn.
From turning I feel as though my spine is arching towards the target. It’s like if you can imagine the actions of a high jumper. As they jump backwards over the pole, their back arches up and over the bar.
Does this sensation relate with those whose shoulders turn correctly?
Go see a Pro! Only way to sort it out properly imo. That way it'll be sorted - with correct 'feelages' - for you.
A reference vid of the resultant 'correct' way could help subsequently.

clubchamp98

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
You can’t be to precise with stuff like this.
Basically I turn my left shoulder under my chin then my right shoulder pushes my chin up in the follow through.
If you start thinking in positions you will scramble your brain.

Jensen

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Thanks for the replies guys. Interestingly, I’ve had a reply from Eric Corgorno Golf.
I posted the exact question to him in the comments section on his YouTube videos. He replied “Yes” this is the exact feeling to have ?
With a caveat to record myself to ensure the head stays centred and I don’t over or under do it ?

Canary_Yellow

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I don’t think it’s possible to know whether that’s a good feeling or not without also taking into account hip turn.

I.e if you’ve swayed your hips rather than turned, an arched back probably isn’t a great position, if your hips have a good deep turn and your swing looks a bit like monte’s in garyinderry’s link, it’s probably good.

Feelings are all relative as all it is is a comparison with what you were doing before. If you like online do it yourself learning, video yourself and see what your feeling equates to in comparison to what you’re hoping for. It doesn’t need to be perfect, just within the window of acceptable moves.