Coronavirus - how is it/has it affected you?

D

Deleted member 15344

The point was that it is not headline news because it is good news, when it is bad news re flu or COVID it suddenly is headline news.

How much of the drop in numbers is now down to people not bothering to test ?

We have had lots of illnesses over the past 4 weeks within work and most of it was Covid type symptoms

Slime

Tour Winner
Visit site

We have had lots of illnesses over the past 4 weeks within work and most of it was Covid type symptoms

Which, as a Devil's advocate, could also be flu like symptoms or winter cold type symptoms.

Billysboots

Falling apart at the seams
Visit site
Almost this thread , but defo covid.
I put it down to a) all 4 jabs, and b) santising my hands as soon as I get into my van after every job, before I eat and defo after any touching of public surfaces.

If I was a gambling man I’d bet you’ve probably had it and been asymptomatic.

WGCRider

Visit site

I don't know and I'm not a conspiracy theorist but I can tell you what happened to me. I got this text message from the government - I mean how did they even get my number! Told me to go to them website and choice somewhere to go. So I went to this weird hall 2 villages away and a stranger had all my details on a computer in front of them. This could only have happened cause they were tracking me! They told me to go with another stranger who took me into a different room and gave me an injection. Then they said I had to sit there for 15 minutes or sit in my car - I got away as quickly as I could. Thing is now it keeps happening to me - had 4 of these government messages. None of this is in the lame stream media but you can get the truth on the internet if you look!! Weird right?

Billysboots

Falling apart at the seams
Visit site
Well the huge amounts of testing have all come back negative whenever done. Perhaps I have actually avoided it, not everyone must have it.:)

Agreed. I’ve had it three times - once asymptomatic but subsequently established via an antibody study I was part of, and the second and third times just really sore throats. So I guess I’ve also been quite lucky.

And with four jabs I must now be bursting with antibodies.

RichA

Visit site
Well the huge amounts of testing have all come back negative whenever done. Perhaps I have actually avoided it, not everyone must have it.:)
After 3 years on public transport and working in London with loads of regular testing, I was beginning to think I might just be one of the lucky people with natural immunity.
However, 90-year old Dad tested positive when discharged from hospital on 23/12 and I tested positive on 26/12.
He was asymptomatic. I felt like crap for a few days, but was still able to function normally. Hats off to the vaccinators.

backwoodsman

Tour Winner
Visit site

I'm sure people aren't bothering to test as much as they were - but that aside, personal testing data isn't collated anywhere is it? Or is it? Certainly the data for any tests I've done hasnt gone anywhere outside my home. So it won't feature in any collated statistics?

GB72

Money List Winner
Visit site
Since I hit 50 I have been trying to book my booster. So far nothing that does not require at least a 30 mile round trip. Nobody in the town where I work or where are live are doing them.