Coronavirus - how is it/has it affected you?

Blue in Munich

Crocked Professional Yeti Impersonator
Visit site
Don't shoot the messenger. :)

As I said, I've had a cough, sore throat, feeling tired/weak, headache, fuzzy head, loss of appetite etc for 8 days now. It's basically all the symptoms of when I had covid a few months ago except a fever (or a least never noticed a fever) and this time lateral flows from last Monday, Wednesday and Friday were all negative. Rest of the family are the same, I even joked on Friday to the wife when it was negative again that maybe lateral flows don't pick up the new strain. Then the lad at work mentioned that to me before I had told him of my symptoms.

Not shooting anyone, but @Ethan has very kindly been a source of much useful info during this, wasn't sure if he visited the film thread though ;)

Tashyboy

Please don’t ask to see my tatts 👍
Visit site
Ethan, I have had Covid 3 times. First Two times was transmitted via my son being a class one lorry driver. The first time I was rough. Last two times it was hardly noticeable. Is this a combination of building up immunity, having different boosters or a combination. Come what May I am if the ilk I hope I am building up an immunity for when a real bad variant comes along.

Ethan

Money List Winner
Visit site
Ethan, I have had Covid 3 times. First Two times was transmitted via my son being a class one lorry driver. The first time I was rough. Last two times it was hardly noticeable. Is this a combination of building up immunity, having different boosters or a combination. Come what May I am if the ilk I hope I am building up an immunity for when a real bad variant comes along.

Different people have different levels of response to infection, and whether you get a temp, shivers, feel vaguely sh!t or whether is quite individual. That lot doesn't really correlate with your chance of being really ill, for example dropping your oxygen saturation or developing inflammatory complications. Likewise people have different responses to the vax, some have no symptoms, others feel like they have had a heavy night on the drink.

You wil have definitely acquired a degree of immunity from each infection, but you may have seen that wane a bit between infections, or you were got by different variants. I would recommend taking the vax offered to you, which will further add to your immunity, and the likelihood that another variant will do you in is probably pretty low. But you might feel a bit crap, that may just be your style of response.

fundy

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Both me and Mrs F been laid low by it recently, in bed for over a week and still not close to 100% after nearly 4 weeks of it now :(

Blame squarely laid on the plumber for it, not helped by the fact that he needs to come back and refit the shower tray too!!!!!

Jamesbrown

Head Pro
Visit site
Not necessarily going to catch it from experience as my missus never caught it from me when I had it and I never caught it from her when she had it but a chap sat behind me in a training course tested positive today so every chance of a 5 day holiday minimum sometime soon!

IainP

Occasional Player of Golf
Visit site
According to worldometer, coming up to two weeks since UK has shared any numbers.
Other big European countries reporting sizable case numbers.

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
According to worldometer, coming up to two weeks since UK has shared any numbers.
Other big European countries reporting sizable case numbers.
Wouldn't they be meaningless if they did?
The number of people testing must be way down as it's mostly not free and pretty much all rules relaxed so we're "living with it safely"..
I've currently got 2 pupils off with it..no idea when they're coming back...

IainP

Occasional Player of Golf
Visit site
The number of people testing must be way down as it's mostly not free and pretty much all rules relaxed so we're "living with it safely"..
Yeah agree, was just an observation.
Are those other countries acting differently? Should UK do anything different?
I don't know but chat on here, and at work is indicating a lot more of it about

D-S

Visit site
There are still updated numbers from England on the government dashboard.
https://coronavirus.data.gov.uk/
Also there is the weekly ZOE report and all the statisticians on Twitter continue to model and report (we are just coming to a peak of hospital admissions).
All the data is out there.

theoneandonly

Blackballed
Visit site
Anecdotal but I was in Milan last week and then paris. Both cities were as busy as ever and certainly very little mask wearing. Italy still has some rules in place but little notice being taken. I did have to show Vax proof to enter france.

SocketRocket

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Don't they base the numbers on weekly random tests carried out by the ONS or something?

Reactions: D-S

PNWokingham

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
put a mask on for the first time in months to go to Princess Margarets in Windsor on Friday - a week earlier there were hardly any wearing them in there and we were not asked to. All change in a week

Billysboots

Falling apart at the seams
Visit site
put a mask on for the first time in months to go to Princess Margarets in Windsor on Friday - a week earlier there were hardly any wearing them in there and we were not asked to. All change in a week

I’m still quite happy to wear one, and have carried one throughout the pandemic, right up to the present. That may surprise one or two on here ?

Swinglowandslow

Visit site
I’m still quite happy to wear one, and have carried one throughout the pandemic, right up to the present. That may surprise one or two on here ?

No, being a responsible person, as Ethan has said, regardless of your own position, wearing a mask helps the overall situation I.e. If you had it and didn't know, you wouldn't so readily spread it.?