Coronavirus - how is it/has it affected you?

Billysboots

Falling apart at the seams
Visit site
Whilst I understand what you are saying, nobody ever said vaccines would stop us getting Covid, merely that they would lessen the symptoms.

Overnight at the moment I have a throat like razor blades but otherwise feel fine. I’m not sure how this second brush with Covid would pan out for me if I hadn’t had all three jabs - I’m just pleased I haven’t had to find out.

I have had far worse colds.

And I must now be positively bursting with antibodies. Anyone who has seen that pesky creature emerge from John Hurt’s abdomen in Alien will understand when I say I fear for my sculpted six-pack ?.

All those antibodies have got to go somewhere.

Tashyboy

Please don’t ask to see my tatts 👍
Visit site
Whilst I understand what you are saying, nobody ever said vaccines would stop us getting Covid, merely that they would lessen the symptoms.

Overnight at the moment I have a throat like razor blades but otherwise feel fine. I’m not sure how this second brush with Covid would pan out for me if I hadn’t had all three jabs - I’m just pleased I haven’t had to find out.

i couldn’t of put it better.

Ye Olde Boomer

Visit site

Get and stay well, 'boots.

rudebhoy

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
Spain (PM Pedro Sanchez) has come out as the first major Euopean nation to explicitly suggest the prospect of living with covid and evaluate the move from pandemic to endemic and assess the disease on different parameters than those used so far

Careful, "political" posts not allowed, particularly if they mention a PM :)

Robster59

Tour Rookie
www.eastrengolfclub.co.uk
My Mum (98) had a fall at home a week ago and was taken to hospital. She was put into a restricted ward to try and prevent her getting Covid but was tested yesterday and found to be Covid positive, but no symptoms as yet. The problem is that on arrival she was in A&E in a corridor for hours, and it may well be possible she picked it up there. Annoying as she has not contracted it living at home with care visitors every day.

Tashyboy

Please don’t ask to see my tatts 👍
Visit site
My Mum (98) had a fall at home a week ago and was taken to hospital. She was put into a restricted ward to try and prevent her getting Covid but was tested yesterday and found to be Covid positive, but no symptoms as yet. The problem is that on arrival she was in A&E in a corridor for hours, and it may well be possible she picked it up there. Annoying as she has not contracted it living at home with care visitors every day.

This is my concern for the future. I feel that we are getting closer to the point re what the Spanish prime minister said yesterday, that we have to look at COVID as an endemic and not a pandemic. If that is the case ( and I do believe with him to an extent that we will have to live with it). It still leaves my parents, in laws and others who have underlying health issues in a situation where they have to be as careful as possible to try not to catch COVID, when the world has returned to normal.
Hope all turns out well Robster me man.

Robster59

Tour Rookie
www.eastrengolfclub.co.uk
This is my concern for the future. I feel that we are getting closer to the point re what the Spanish prime minister said yesterday, that we have to look at COVID as an endemic and not a pandemic. If that is the case ( and I do believe with him to an extent that we will have to live with it). It still leaves my parents, in laws and others who have underlying health issues in a situation where they have to be as careful as possible to try not to catch COVID, when the world has returned to normal.
Hope all turns out well Robster me man.
Thanks. There's a bit more to it so I've posted War and Peace in the Dementia thread. ;)
I've also just got off the phone to Social Services to make sure they know not to mess me around.

Hobbit

Mordorator
Visit site
Bowls club closed for a week. We had a number of visitors on Monday, practicing for the regional pairs that were due to start tomorrow. One of them has tested positive today. No inter-club league match this afternoon and no regional pairs.

williamalex1

Money List Winner
Visit site
Bowls club closed for a week. We had a number of visitors on Monday, practicing for the regional pairs that were due to start tomorrow. One of them has tested positive today. No inter-club league match this afternoon and no regional pairs.
Must be Karma for your 26 degree centigrade post :D:p