Coronavirus - how is it/has it affected you?

Hobbit

Mordorator
Visit site
Valencia region drops all restrictions. Any region that gets below 50 infections per 100,000 can drop all restrictions.

Old Skier

Tour Winner
Visit site
Surely number of infections and deaths is a given criteria. I accept that if testing is not uniform across countries then it's not possible to draw comparisons. Is testing lower in other European countries though?

Not sure how anyone knows how many infections there are only how many reported infections and that can only be based on how many tests are being done https://www.statista.com/statistics/1109066/coronavirus-testing-in-europe-by-country/

As to deaths due to Covid, that number can’t even be agreed on in the UK.

ColchesterFC

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
There's lots to be critical about over the last 18 months, which of course we can't do as it gets political, but there are also successes with how things are working. One of the players in my older boy's football team tested positive after training this week. Got a message from the coach for all players to get LFT tests. We were away in the caravan so I went to the nearest pharmacy and picked some up. Tested him Friday and again this morning with both being negative. He's got a cough and the school won't let him back without a negative PCR result. 17-40 this evening I went online and booked at our closest walkthrough site for 18-00. Arrived and was told that they advise everyone to get tested if one family member has symptoms. So myself and my younger boy also got tested and we were all back home again by 18-25. Fantastic service.

D

Deleted member 16999

Had flu jab today but no mention of booster.
We had our flu jabs last week and were told booster jabs wouldn’t be offered until around 6 months after 2 covid jab, which for us is mid Nov.

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
Getting concerned that, even in previously well-abiding Surrey-Hants borders and even in the local Waitrose, the level of mask wearing seems to be falling off the cliff, just as we read of infections increasing across the country and we hear that the 17yr old son of close friends is quite poorly with covid.

ColchesterFC

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
There's lots to be critical about over the last 18 months, which of course we can't do as it gets political, but there are also successes with how things are working. One of the players in my older boy's football team tested positive after training this week. Got a message from the coach for all players to get LFT tests. We were away in the caravan so I went to the nearest pharmacy and picked some up. Tested him Friday and again this morning with both being negative. He's got a cough and the school won't let him back without a negative PCR result. 17-40 this evening I went online and booked at our closest walkthrough site for 18-00. Arrived and was told that they advise everyone to get tested if one family member has symptoms. So myself and my younger boy also got tested and we were all back home again by 18-25. Fantastic service.

Text message at 8-51 this morning to say that my PCR test is negative. Still waiting on results for the boys but less than 15 hours between getting the test and getting the result is pretty good.

jim8flog

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Just found out my DIL's father ( double jabbed) who was taken in to hospital last week has taken a turn for the worse.

On a personal note now we are in cooler conditions I have taken to putting the charcoal filters back in to my masks as an added layer of protection.

Last edited:

ColchesterFC

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Text message at 8-51 this morning to say that my PCR test is negative. Still waiting on results for the boys but less than 15 hours between getting the test and getting the result is pretty good.

Messages at 2-17 this afternoon with negative results for both the boys so all in all a very good service. I guess myself and the older boy have got a cough and cold which you might remember as being allowed pre-covid.

jim8flog

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Messages at 2-17 this afternoon with negative results for both the boys so all in all a very good service. I guess myself and the older boy have got a cough and cold which you might remember as being allowed pre-covid.

not beside me

Just remember coughs and sneezels cause diseasels or if you are a reader of Thomas diesels:LOL:

BiMGuy

LIV Bot, (But Not As Big As Mel) ?
Visit site
Wife and boy both had positive LF results yesterday. Me and the daughter were negative.

The infected have cold like symptoms, but are otherwise ok.

The next 10 days are going to be a pain juggling work, school runs and football.