Coronavirus - how is it/has it affected you?

larmen

Head Pro
Visit site
Hospitalisations and ventilator bed occupancy slowly rising, though. Test numbers have dropped a fair bit since mid-July. I think the accuracy of community case numbers has fallen proportionately too.
Is there an indication of vacced to unvaccinated in the hospital numbers?

Ethan

Money List Winner
Visit site
From COVID Fact check -

England COVID admissions are definitely falling now, in line with the recent reduction in cases.

The three most recent days were 758, 650 and 593 vs 827, 725 and 734 the previous week.

The seven day average drops to 744 from a peak of 793 last Tuesday.

Fair enough. Test numbers are falling fast too, though.

Hobbit

Mordorator
Visit site
Covid passport or proof of vaccine required for entry into nightclubs in Andalucia. Similarly in Galicia, but add bars and restaurants.

4LEX

Visit site
Still 90% minimum wearing masks around my area and I continue to do so unless I forget, which has happened only twice.

Had my second jab a few weeks ago and feeling great after a bad reaction to the first one. I've found myself beginning to dislike anti vaxxers immensely in the last month or so and will be glad to see them barred from pubs, clubs and stadiums. Hilarious how the majority don't have 2 GCSE's to rub together yet know more about medicine, science and virology than professionals in those fields. If someone is scared of needles and the tiny risks fair enough, say so. Don't get defensive and spread fear or lies because you're a big baby. You know you're losing when you've got the likes of Piers Corbyn and Katie Hopkins on your side, not to mention the far left and far right. Amazing the only thing the latter pair can agree on is the virus is a hoax - says it all.

A relative younger person I've done my best to promote the vaccine and call out those nutjobs who believe in conspiracy theories and the above (y)

Fade and Die

Medal Winner
Visit site
Used the District line to get to London this morning, I noted the signs have changed to “wearing masks is a personal choice”

I would say by the time the train pulled into Mile End 70% of people had chosen to not wear one. Not me btw, I was tempted to slip on a 2nd!

Slab

Occasional Tour Caddy
Visit site
Are you going to be joining the John Prescott club and getting two of them.

I'm stuck with my wee (little) Honda ;)
Yeah it occurred to me last night talking to my wife that most of the planet has no idea what a jag is in this context. I guess one of those terms that's so commonly used in Scotland it just becomes the vocabulary. It'd have to be a conscious thought to use the alternate term 'jab'

SaintHacker

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Used the District line to get to London this morning, I noted the signs have changed to “wearing masks is a personal choice”

I would say by the time the train pulled into Mile End 70% of people had chosen to not wear one. Not me btw, I was tempted to slip on a 2nd!
I thought Khan said it would still be mandatory on tfl services?