Coronavirus - how is it/has it affected you?

GG26

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
Apparently Chelsea & Leicester will be given 6,250 tickets each. If you want one you need to submit an ERP (Events Research Programme) consent form by May 10th and have a negative lateral flow test taken after 2.15pm on the 13th of May. You are also requested to take two PCR tests & mail them in. You will need to produce a ticket and a negative lateral flow test result at the gate to gain admission.

Presumably if you pay for a ticket & get a positive lateral flow test it comes under the heading tough :poop:...

What to do... :unsure:
…and if you are a Leicester fan in a LE postcode you are only permitted to attend if you take a designated coach at a cost of £45. So you have to sit with 50 other people in a confined space for several hours, rather than permitted to take a car!

Under 16s are also not permitted to attend, so I couldn’t go with my son and therefore haven’t applied for tickets.

Blue in Munich

Crocked Professional Yeti Impersonator
Visit site
…and if you are a Leicester fan in a LE postcode you are only permitted to attend if you take a designated coach at a cost of £45. So you have to sit with 50 other people in a confined space for several hours, rather than permitted to take a car!

Under 16s are also not permitted to attend, so I couldn’t go with my son and therefore haven’t applied for tickets.

I was in the third tier of about 8 who could apply. Spoke with my best man who sits with us, we decided to give it a miss. It won't be anything like a normal cup final atmosphere before, during or after, Mrs BiM can't go because of her arm, so we didn't bother. Looks like we weren't alone judging by the comments on the chat room about who had got tickets.

Ethan

Money List Winner
Visit site

He is rather optimistic. He is also not an epidemiologist. CV may be largely under control by late summer, but there will still be a significant number of unvaccinated and therefore potential cases around, including children. If any new variants emerge that are more resistant to vaccination, then we take a step or two back. The Govt has spoken of a third wave in the autumn and the need for vigilance for some time yet.

Pathetic Shark

Tour Rookie
Visit site
The wonderful Daily Fascist, sorry Mail on line.

Lead story screaming at the Government to ease all restrictions immediately.
Very next story - about Indian variant of covid growing very quickly and a real concern meaning restraint should be applied.

So no mixed messages there at all then.

D-S

Visit site
Firstly good to see that this thread has gone way down the active threads list - maybe COVID isn’t dominating our lives as much?
Just a point re holidays to green list places. If you or a member of your family tests positive on the test that you are obliged to take prior to your return flight, I assume you cannot board your flight back to the UK. Is there any obligation on the hotel, tour operator to house you at your resort/hotel/villa until you are able to produce a negative test, presumably up to 10 days?
If not, that adds a lot more possible hassle/risk to your holiday even if you have been double jabbed - I ask the question as I haven’t heard anything about this in the media just about the cost of tests.

BiMGuy

LIV Bot, (But Not As Big As Mel) ?
Visit site
Is there any obligation on the hotel, tour operator to house you at your resort/hotel/villa until you are able to produce a negative test, presumably up to 10 days?

Personally responsible. You go on holiday knowing the risk. It should be your responsibility to mitigate against it.

I'm sure this very point will lead to some pictures of a very sad looking family in the Daily Mail, who's once in a lifetime dream holiday to Benidorm was ruined by Covid. And them demanding compensashun from Jet2 for not providing them complimentary 5* accommodation while they isolated.

jim8flog

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Apparently Chelsea & Leicester will be given 6,250 tickets each. If you want one you need to submit an ERP (Events Research Programme) consent form by May 10th and have a negative lateral flow test taken after 2.15pm on the 13th of May. You are also requested to take two PCR tests & mail them in. You will need to produce a ticket and a negative lateral flow test result at the gate to gain admission.

Presumably if you pay for a ticket & get a positive lateral flow test it comes under the heading tough :poop:...

What to do... :unsure:

Interesting news from Portugal today. They are gong to place severe restrictions on how you are allowed to travel to Portugal and how long you can stay for the final.

GB72

Money List Winner
Visit site
Interesting news from Portugal today. They are gong to place severe restrictions on how you are allowed to travel to Portugal and how long you can stay for the final.

It looks like Portugal may actually still be in lockdown until after the final.

SocketRocket

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Personally responsible. You go on holiday knowing the risk. It should be your responsibility to mitigate against it.

I'm sure this very point will lead to some pictures of a very sad looking family in the Daily Mail, who's once in a lifetime dream holiday to Benidorm was ruined by Covid. And them demanding compensashun from Jet2 for not providing them complimentary 5* accommodation while they isolated.
More like The Guardian.