Coronavirus - how is it/has it affected you?

Golfmmad

Tour Winner
Visit site
I would say all adults will have had at least one jab by mid May so by the end of May, we should be sorted.
Hopefully the day of release can be brought forward to June the 1st

I very much doubt they will bring release date forward. They've said many times that they need to check the data between the two dates and then if all is well a release will happen.

Ethan

Money List Winner
Visit site
Wait until the trial comes back to mix vaccines

First az second phizer lol

My wife (NHS) has had 2 Pfizer, nada.

There is a trial ongoing of Sputnik and AZ mixed. The basic idea is the same with both, but AZ uses the same adenovirus for both shots. This carries a hypothetical risk that you could point an immune response to the adenovirus for the second shot. Sputnik uses two different adenoviruses to get around this. There is probably little difference in reality, but mixing the two should not be a problem.

Likewise Pfizer and Moderna are basically similar tech in slightly different vehicles. I had Pfizer first and would happily take Moderna for my second.

AmandaJR

Money List Winner
Visit site
They word on the street seems to be that the first AZ is worse than the second and the second Pfizer is worse than the first. But generally well tolerated.

I heard that yesterday and was very relieved indeed. I admit to thinking "you can bugger off if you think I'm having more of this" when I was feeling very poorly the other night. Still way better than getting Covid (although actually not in my case!) and will be a bit more prepared should I react on 2nd June.

andycap

Head Pro
Visit site
I had the astra zeneca jab on Wednesday , very efficient service , but boy did i feel rough Thursday . My legs felt like i had climbed a mountain , severe lethargy and muscle aches , yet my head felt floaty , dreamy . Could of fell asleep standing up . Feel fine today though . I have been told that strong reaction is an indicator of a good immune system , dont know how true that is though ?

hovis

Tour Winner
Visit site
A guy at work is very ill at the moment with Covid. At work we are provided with latteral flow tests. All his house have confirmed covid but him and his wife are showing as negative on the test and is daughter is possitve

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Work are brilliant

364 days post lockdown we are having screens installed between the desks lol

Lucky we thought ahead and asked for them on wheels so we can put away and then winter get them back for flu season

We also getting a rapid 30 min test centre in the plant room.. not much use now but guess it's worth it lol imagine come in be tested positive and off we go home

Cutting edge ofc. Quick action

D

Deleted member 15344

3rd wave in Europe. Whats our best guess of it happening here? Have we jabbed enough to get ahead of it?

One of the main reasons I believe the 3rd wave is happening is due to the lack of people receiving the vaccine

chellie

Tour Winner
Visit site
Work are brilliant

364 days post lockdown we are having screens installed between the desks lol

Lucky we thought ahead and asked for them on wheels so we can put away and then winter get them back for flu season

We also getting a rapid 30 min test centre in the plant room.. not much use now but guess it's worth it lol imagine come in be tested positive and off we go home

Cutting edge ofc. Quick action

Eldest was offered a screen that they could wheel around the building with them. :ROFLMAO:

Bunkermagnet

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I think we should now be enforcing a complete ban on incomming passengers into the UK, or if that's too much for some to stomach an enforced and marshalled 2 week quarantine period at their expense for every traveller into the UK. thats plane, ship or train.
Is Europe hoping their third wave will enter here so they can continue their arguements against the AZ vacine that they say isn't good yet argue we arent giving them enough of?