Coronavirus - how is it/has it affected you?

SocketRocket

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
The spread of the virus at the end of the first of the recent Planet of the Ape trilogy had me thinking that our simian overlords would be in power by now (before any one starts, it is far too easy to make a political comment on that:))
Banksy already thought of that one ?
f581b42aa11763c7eb19b05ff72322e1daa937d0.jpg

jim8flog

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
You should be given a card with the name and batch number. The vacc place may have a notice up at the door, like a specials board, telling you. Mine did. There was a 15 min post-vac observation period for both vacs to begin with,. but it has been removed for AZ because there have been no acute anaphylaxis cases. I think Pfizer still has it, but the risk of anaphylaxis is very small.

I only had mine recently and there was a request to sit in the car for 15 minutes. I have had injections at the docs and had a similar request to wait in the surgery waiting room for 15 minutes. I had assumed it was standard procedure now with any injection.

jim8flog

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
One the things about any injection that makes me smile is the " slight scratch " I have had dozens of injections in my life time and one thing that none of them have been is a slight scratch but that is the PC brigade for you. The only vaccination that was was the one for small pox.

GB72

Money List Winner
Visit site
One the things about any injection that makes me smile is the " slight scratch " I have had dozens of injections in my life time and one thing that none of them have been is a slight scratch but that is the PC brigade for you. The only vaccination that was was the one for small pox.

One of the nurses at my GP surgery is so skilled at taking blood that I honestly do not even feel the needle go in my arm. No idea how she does it but a great relief when she does my annual checkup.

PNWokingham

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
had the jab yesterday at 1p. Felt fine until 11pm. Then started shivering and headache - went to bed feeling rough. Woke up a bit better and while still under the weather it will not be enough to stop the cork popping on a bottle of red in a couple of hours!

USER1999

Grand Slam Winner
Visit site
had the jab yesterday at 1p. Felt fine until 11pm. Then started shivering and headache - went to bed feeling rough. Woke up a bit better and while still under the weather it will not be enough to stop the cork popping on a bottle of red in a couple of hours!

Sure you are not supposed to drink for a coiple of dsys before, and after.

YandaB

Visit site
Of course it will do now schools are back! Nothing to worry about.
But fewer new cases reported this Friday compared to last, 4,802 this week compared to 6,609 last week and the schools are now back 2 weeks. Early days still but not an immediate ramp-up and they are all getting a couple of tests each week so outbreaks will hopefully be found early. I'm feeling optimistic :)

Ethan

Money List Winner
Visit site

They word on the street seems to be that the first AZ is worse than the second and the second Pfizer is worse than the first. But generally well tolerated.

bobmac

Major Champion
Visit site
I would say all adults will have had at least one jab by mid May so by the end of May, we should be sorted.
Hopefully the day of release can be brought forward to June the 1st