Coronavirus - how is it/has it affected you?

Kellfire

Blackballed
Visit site
My grandad reads the mail.. I have to avoid certain subjects with him. He litterally is pumped full of rubbish they serve up
We’ve all got those people in our family I reckon. My mum held some very questionable opinions that many would just say they’re “of her time” but I’d always challenge her to reassess her views. She rarely changed but sometimes she did.

pauljames87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Funny, you must read it to know it’s bile.

I love playing a game of how the mail can turn a story into something bile

Take a headline from a news source . Compare to how the mail report it

Few months ago BBC reported how drs would get a payrise but nurses wouldn't as they were already on a 3 year deal

The daily bile led with disgrace that our nurses won't get a rise

Always go to the extreme to drum up hatred

Also you don't need to read it. It's call twitter you can get all the headlines from the papers

pauljames87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Shielding yourself from opposing views isn’t the way to go about educating and challenging those views. Nothing wrong with taking a look at what other sides are saying.

Like when voting you should read both sides of arguments before deciding .. be it an election or a vote for club captain or whatever .. you need to read everything

Kellfire

Blackballed
Visit site
Great answer, but in the end it’s just opinions, yours or some journalists. Doesn’t mean either of you are right.
Nope, not “right” per se, but I know out of myself and the editorial team of the Daily Mail who has more palatable morals and a sense of decency.

D-S

Visit site
I posted the original tweet that seems to cause all the furore (I wish I hadn’t now, apologies). However I did in fact only past a tweet from Covid Fact Check UK (a reputable, I believe, source often quoted in this thread). The tweet was their comment on a tweet from another account ‘politics for all’.
I follow COVID Fact Check UK and for the record do not and would not follow or post something direct from the DM.

D

Deleted member 16999

[R is going to go up next week the weather isn’t helping us.

So the R number is going to increase due to the transmission outside?[/QUOTE]
Isn’t that exactly what people were claiming last year with VE Day, BLM Marches and Beaches etc? There was never an uptick there and we were looking at far more people. Can’t see there be any difference in the R number next week. It’ll go up a bit after March 8th with the schools but that’s it.
No wonder people get confused, today we have a SAGE expert saying large crowds outside in the warmer weather is a worry.?‍♂️

Prof Semple said it was "entirely possible" that "inadvertent activities" could drive up cases of coronavirus.

"It just takes a few families.... and we can kick off outbreaks," he said.

"We're so close but we could blow it by breaking the rules now," he added.

"Certainly people can go out and exercise" in the good weather, he said, "but it's this clustering - it's the meeting up in large parties on the beach or parks for picnics, that's where the rules are being broken".